Anyone up 4 an Impromtu drive Saturday? | FerrariChat

Anyone up 4 an Impromtu drive Saturday?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Jun 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Seeing as we put the Tower of Pisa drive on hold,and there is the USGP on Sunday. If Saturday is nice,does anyone want to go on a little drive?

I think they are having some kind of Walk or Run Downtown...so,probably not a good idea this weekend.

Maybe through the Forest Preserves down by Rt. 171 and Rt. 83,down towards Orland Park? I took Frankie down there last weekend. Lots of very cool roads,some curvy,with "posted" speed limits of 50 MPH,going through nothing but Forest Preserves,and Lakes. Really neat. Lots of great "Photo Op" spots,too. An old Nature Center,and all just South off of Il. Hwy 55 (Stevensen Exp.) so,easy for anyone to get to.

2. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Whoa, way too far south. Im out in the NW burbs, would like to go... but might be in the city regardless...

You having Skip over for ribs? I think you're a great guy Frank but don't like the fact you always complain about your weight. Now you're bragging about bbq-ing the world's best ribs. Im no math major, but 1+1 = ummm...

Ever ask your 360 doc to join the Fchatters?

RocketBoy

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

You get an A+ in Math,My Man. That could be the reason of my girth....:)

Actually,I have only been "Big" ,in a Fat sort of way,for the last 3 years following a severe Rear End Auto Accident which totally blew out my Neck and Lower Back. Before that,I was always Big,but Muscular. In my Younger days,(Teens and 20's) I worked Construction,and Furniture Moving. Then,would go to the GYM,AFTER WORK...:( And Work Out for a couple of Hours.:)

I kept going to the Gym right up until this accident in 2001. Then,had no choice but to stop,and,Voila! SuperSize!

I've always been a really good cook. Been cooking since I was about 13-14. But,was always fit until....BANG!!!!! Crash!!! BOOM!!!! OWWWW!!!!! :(

4. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I'd love to... like we need an excuse to drive...
    but getting on a plane on Saturday.

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

1 +1 = Yummmmm!!!! When you're talking about my Fat Free,Ungreasy,No Gristle,Sweet and Tangy Ribs!!!! :)

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

Well,have a great Trip,wherever you may be going!

I just thought I'd toss out the idea. We cruised through there last weekend,and I've been down there before. Really nice driving. 2 lane roads,"posted" at 50MPH.... going through Forest Preserves,and by Lakes. Some straight. Some Curvy. You can imagine that you are just about anywhere in the world.