Anyone use the aluminum radiator that is $599 for a set from China? | FerrariChat

Anyone use the aluminum radiator that is $599 for a set from China?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by silvergts1998, Sep 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Wasn't sure if anyone saw them on ebay and tried them out? Maybe junk.. but you never know.

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    link would be good

3. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    You really just have to get it in your hands but I imagine you will be disappointed somewhere in the craftsmanship. Virtually impossible to send it back and Paypal will not support you at all.

4. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I’ve had good support from PayPal over the years.... but then again, I haven’t made any dumb purchases like $50 “professional” trumpets from India or car parts that are essential to operating a car from China.

5. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Shocked on Paypal. I have never had them even back up total fraud from something I was stupid enough to buy from there and never even get it.

6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Yeah, I had 3 high dollar (to me) issues they solved in my favor:

Bought a Rolex watch that came in broken. They wouldn't release funds until I was satisfied (seller paid for the fix)

Sold a $1,000+ trumpet to a guy who claimed his wife ordered it and he didn't want it....PP told him to pound sand

Sold a $400 car part to a guy in Australia, claimed he didn't get it....I showed the proof that it was still in customs, and they told the guy to wait a couple more weeks

So I'm not trying to be rude to the OP, but having a radiator you can count on is pretty damn important.

7. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004

8. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    I have bought a few sets for motorcycles. All have been fine.

9. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    Wizard has excellent service, the set I bought were reasonably priced and they stood behind them. My upper pipe fitting was a different angle and they paid shipping back for all 4 rads (my stock 2 and theirs). 3 days later they were on their way back. I’ll agree these are important. Considering you can’t get driver side radiator out without removing motor (I modded the pipe so I could) , it’s not somewhere I’d save money.

Given that, I’ve run those radiators in Track Miatas with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  10. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
  11. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    wizard is not in china

12. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Pretty and I forgot how small they are but I have never had cooling issues in my TR cars

13. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    What did you do to the pipe to make this work?

14. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    I cut a clean straight cut into the pipe midway down. Dressed both ends neatly with a stone and then used a piece of the Gates 24022 hose as a sleeve (same size as the radiator hoses throughout, 3 foot section of that is like 30 bucks from Rockauto and it is wrapped similarly to the Ferrari branded hose). Two clamps and I'm 700 miles with no issues. I figured if I needed to, I could braze/solder a set of flares on them if they leaked. They don't, and that pipe is still available so I didn't worry about originality. You can't see the sleeved area from the engine bay, only if you had a wheel off and the inner fender liners off.

In retrospect I would have waited to remove the pipe this past December, but I wasn't planning on a full trans overhaul in March!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

bamaman and raysur like this.