Anyone watch the Laker game tonight? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone watch the Laker game tonight?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by F355guy, Apr 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    Did I ever say any $h*t about San Anthomos?

I just said "Can't wait to see Lakers fire a Rocket up Houstons a$$" because I didn't like Yao Ming. I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT SPURS and your the idiot over here that said "knock it off". So stfu!

2. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    1st did I ever say you said one thing about san antonio all I wanted to know was what you meant by BITE ME

2nd I dont get into name calling so if thats what you have to do to make yourself feel better, Stop being so insecure. I feel sorry for people like you!

IT IS San Antonio not san Antohomo, is this something you picked up at your favorite gay bar on Santa Monica, L. A. is the gay rape capitol you know. Do you have gay on your mind? did you do something with yao and he didnt call you back, is that the reason you dont like him? or do you have wonderful dreams about him biting you?

Just because your team is losing, you do not have to take it out on me!

i think they call people like you sore-losers!

john

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I never a player had to have meanness or flash. Why do you think SA work so well together. B/c Duncan can keep his composure which inturn allows the team to follow his personality on the court.

At least we can agree that Malone is worthless. In his interview the other day on Sport Center you could tell how much of an ******* he really is. He's the biggest reason why I don't want the Lakers to advance. If he wasn't there then I would give a rats ass less. He doesn't deserve a ring. He's a dirty player and bad sportsman. I hope he sprains his ankle or gets a couple of hard elbows in the face.

4. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Jason, I think you meant to say, you never knew a player had to have flash. Well I am assuming that is what you meant to say. In any case, you are right. I am not a fanatic that thinks Duncan sucks. I know he has great talent and skill, no doubt. However the culture of the current NBA is one of big houses, cars, 22s, and attitude, and all about the thug life. Whether one likes it or not, that is the current style of play. Remember Grant Hill? His dad was a lawyer and his mom was a doctor or something, but he never really got respect in the league. In the same fashion, I don't like Duncan. He keeps too much of his composure. If I wan't to go to battle, I don't want a softie on my team, I want someone who will lay their life for me, and stand up with and for me. Some one like Shaq, Rodman, Jordan, Ewing, Mourning.

In any event, my likeness for him is obviously personal, and I hope that is clear. :) Then again since I am from LA, maybe I like that flash a little bit, since I am shallow ;)

Agree with you 100%. I cringed when we got Malone. That was all Mr. Kupchiks fault. If we had kept Jerry West, we would never be stuck with a loser like Malone. He is the dirtiest player in the NBA besides Stockton, another doofus. I hated them for many years, and continue to do so. I still remember when Malone went to the finals against Jordan, and how he played Pippen. I hate Malone just as much as you. Sadly, he is on our side, and we have to live with for the moment. He is like the criminal sibling in the family. As much as you are ashamed of him, and hate him, you have to keep him, because he is a part of your family. I always prayed and hoped that Malone, Charles Barkley, and Stockton would never get a ring. Well two of those were answered.

The only good that will come out of the Lakers not winning it all this year, will be Jerry Buss will get mad, and get rid of Malone and Payton. Then we can get some younger and better players, and make a run at it next year.

Till then, I still believe. :)

5. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Hey Ryan. Yea that's what I meant to say. Multitasking while doing some studying and screwing around on the computer can do that.

You don't like Charles Barkley? I can honestly say that's a first. I've never heard anyone not like him. Why is it that you don't? The reason I like him is b/c he was a good player, but his antics off the court are hillarious. He's always speaking his mind and saying what he really feels, which is probably why I like him and have respect for him.

6. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    Did I hurt your feelings? People like you need to get a life.

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    How can anyone not like Sir Charles?
    If a candidate picked him as a running mate, regardless of party or platform, they'd win by a landslide.

8. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Ahh, I feel I need to explain myself. :D Once in a while, I watch NBA on TNT, and Charles is really funny on that show. I mean he interrupts Ernie Johnson, and just comes up with hilarious stuff. Guy calls it like it is, no doubt. If he ran for Governor (for alabama, I think), I would vote for him. He is truly entertaining.

The reason I don't like him, is because he could never really get into playing shape. Remember the "round mound of rebound" jokes? He was a good player, and some would argue great player, but at times his weight got into the way of his playing. Certainly I am not a normal person, as my thinking and logic is rather retarded when it comes to sports. Hey at least I admit it. :D I am also not someone in the best shape, that I can "diss" on Charles. However, he was getting paid millions to do a job, a job I feel he didn't do well. I think he really could have gotten a championship while he was at Phoenix. I know MJ stood in the way, but I feel CHuck could have pulled it out. So in essense I don't like him because he is fat. :eek:

What can I say, my opinions have their own mind. :D

And wax, remember I even like Derek Fisher! :eek: So you know I am weird :D

9. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    355 gay NO, I think maybe I hurt your feelings though!

"People like you need to get a life."

Really, Is that the best you can do?

Dont come on a internet site and call someone an idiot and then say I need to get a life if you cant handle it.

john

10. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    I don't think you get the point so I'll make it clear and simple for you because your really an idiot. I waste time talking to people like you so this conversation is over.

11. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Hey John,

How 'bout dem Lakers ;) :D :eek:

12. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    Do you know where I can get a video replay in slow motion of the D-Fish shot? I have scoured the free part of the internet with no luck.
    I'm having an argument with the Sam Amico about whether or not it is humanly possible to get the shot off in .4 seconds. He, and all the other haters, say the clock started late.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/amico-051404.shtml

13. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    It's not slo-mo, but hey, the video is there and can be paused at any time.

Go to nba.com - well, the page below...
    http://www.nba.com/playoffs2004/vgm_extra_040513.html

To avoid "memberships," click "Crunch" [highlighted for you] speed of your choice where article states:

'One Lucky Shot Deserves Another'
    Shaquille O'Neal perhaps hit the nail on the head with that
    comment immediately following Thursday's fantastic finish that
    saw the Lakers snatch a 74-73 victory from the Spurs.

If Shaq was on the mark, then that __ Recap | Box score
    simply followed an incredible string of _Video: 56k | 300k
    marksmanship in the final seconds of _ Crunch: 56k | 300k
    Game 5 of this West semifinal, which _ Postgame: Play
    Los Angeles can wrap up on its home
    floor Saturday night (10:30 p.m. ET, TNT).

Touch and Go. Still hate that little chit.

14. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    After the game Al Michaels said it was possible to get the shot off at 0.4 seconds but not at 0.3 seconds. All 3 officials even rule that there timers were set off correctly when the ball had inbound. I saw the replay on tv over and over after that shoot. It looked good to me so I'm giving it thumbs up. And if no one can't still believe it, then they shouldn't believe Duncan's shot neither. I'm glad Fisher made that shot he deserved it. Like what Devon George said "good things happen to good people". Spurs were so confident about sweeping the Lakers when they were interviewed one by one after game 2. Showing big smiles with no worries to the media knowing that they had a huge winning streak going. If the Spurs are so confident they shouldn't have to worry about keeping score then.

15. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    After tonight's game, he'll probably stay away from here. He'll go back to looking for Pee-Wees bike in the basement of the Alamo.

DL

16. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #41 wax, May 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    jramey??????? Care to comment???????????

DL

18. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    yea I care to comment!!

you know whats funny is Did I think the spurs were going to lose? No!! I thought they were going to win. The same as u all not commenting until after the lakers won the series, you were all scared as hell!!

Did the lakers pull off greatness? NO!! when you have four all star players against one, who is suppose to win? it was .4 of a second and this would of all been different, Ask yourself, Should the lakers have let it come down to that?

Since yall won the lakers are the greatest, if you would of lost you would of said well kobe had court troubles, karl malone got old, we didnt excute well, whatever excuse yall could of though of. The spurs said we got out played. Which is WHAT IS SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN WITH FOUR ALLSTARS!!

the spurs replaced 6 of their players in the off season with new players and David Robinson Retired, and we still almost swept you.

You shoudn't be happy at all. You should be sad that you have to sandbag it to win!

john

PS We have $10 million available to sign someone else so wait until next year, what are you going to do when payton and malone are gone.

PSS You should read up on your history, the alamo does not have a basement!! and doesnt pee-wee live in LA?

19. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    You are wrong - Lakers only had 2 all stars - Shaq and Kobe. Spurs had 1.

How did the Spurs almost sweep the Lakers? They lost 4-2!

Little bit of sour grapes - here.

The Spurs are however a great team and I do think that they could be very good for a few years to come.

However, dont diss my Lakers. Why dont you just say well played and leave it at that. The great teams always have the great players. You may say that's sandbagging - but the Celtics didnt have a bunch of shleppers in the 60's, nor the Lakers in the 80's or the Bulls in the 90's. This Laker team is nowhere near as good as the team that went 15-1 in the finals or won three in a row. Karl and Gary are great players. However, Karl is getting a little old and both guys didnt fit that well into the system (read triangle offense).

I think the Lakers and Spurs are number 1 and 2 in the league this year. This series felt like the finals.

20. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    You're movin your mouth but all I hear is BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! .04 is one thing, FOUR STRAIGHT GAMES is yet another. SA has millions, eh? Maybe thay should put out a hit on Joumana Kidd for making him snub YOUR money!

Where's Connie Francis when you need her? Who's cryin' now?

DL

21. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #46 wax, May 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    How 'bout those Lakers, huh?

23. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    jramey,

It's a spur kinda night!

DL

OH they lost. that's right. Sorry.

24. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    yes all hail the mighty lakers. who is next pistons or pacers. eh what does it matter. this on is over. print the tshirts.

25. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Game 1: Pistons > Lackers