Anyone who is dreaming about owning their first FERRARI | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Anyone who is dreaming about owning their first FERRARI

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Yellow Compass, Feb 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Blitz88

Blitz88 Karting

He’s right. I’m batting 9 for 11.

ago car nut likes this.
  2. Baiao

Baiao Rookie

Feb 4, 2018
    DALLAS,TX
    Full Name:
    GEORGE IRIZARRY
    What is the fully depreciated cost point?

3. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    The 355's, 360's and f430's are pretty much at the deprecated point now. The California, and 458 are still depreciating and probably will for the next few years.

So what does that mean? Well I havent been tracking 355's but for a 360 I figure 65k and up on an f1 car and probably close to 100k and up for a 3 peddle car. Of course Red/tan cars also carry a premium. the 430 appears to be about 90k and up for the f1 and probably 120k for a 3 peddle and the obvious red tan combo premiums apply here too. Generally lower mile cars cost more, and tend to take at least 2 bites if really low since cars that arent driven tend to break alot where cars that have been used a bit more tend to dive and perform well.

So is 60- 90k alot for a playtoy? Well I suppose thats kinda subjective but we tend to waste a lot of money on things that have a heck of a lot less value, or in the end have virtually nothing to show for it. the nice thing about a Ferrari is that while these cars may continue to depreciate its still going to be worth pretty close to your investment in say 5 years and there is a slight chance that the car could appreciate if kept for a while. For me personally I have pretty much put my personal life on hold for the last 6 years to keep investing in my business. Now Im about to the point i dont have to keep sinking money into the business I can start playing a little. I know folks that spend way more on campers and RV's they use like 2 times a year and the stuff sits the rest of the time. and if your already in debt up to your eyeballs, dont have an established retirement fund, and make 30k a year its probably not a good idea to buy a Ferrari.

Blitz88 likes this.
  4. Baiao

Baiao Rookie

Feb 4, 2018
    DALLAS,TX
    Full Name:
    GEORGE IRIZARRY
    Thank you for your thoughts. Local dealers selling 2007 F430 RED/TAN spider miles 12k-14k range $121K to $130K.
    Need to call Mike and see if he has availability on F430 below $110K .. I know coupe are a little lower.

5. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Guys please keep my THREAD ON TRACK if you want to discuss your personal thoughts please call each other on the phone.
    Baiao please call me today !!! i got the perfect car for you right now

Mike 973-610-7111

6. Blitz88

Blitz88 Karting

Mike, I got a toothache. Can you recommend a dentist?

kes7u likes this.
  7. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Are u insane
    GET OFF MY THREAD!!!

8. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Take it easy, Mike. This is a thread in a discussion section, not the classifieds. Ferrari Chat is a discussion forum.

aventari, DrewH and azlin75 like this.
  9. Baiao

Baiao Rookie

Feb 4, 2018
    DALLAS,TX
    Full Name:
    GEORGE IRIZARRY
    Sorry for the disruption.. I will stay on point.. or just settle for a HONDA

10. aventari

aventari Karting

Dec 9, 2010
    San Diego
    Some Hondas are not bad, I love my NSX. Unfortunately it doesn't have the presence of a Ferrari.

Formula Uno likes this.
  11. jmbarba76

jmbarba76 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 12, 2009
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe B
    I just wanted to take a minute to tell everyone my experience with Yellow Compass and more specifically Mike. First of all I have never met anyone with the passion for the Ferrari brand as Mike. I thought I was a Ferrari fanatic until I met him. He is truly a first class fanatic. But Mike also has other connections for other brands as well. Not only has he helped me buy and sell Ferraris he found me a beautiful, low mileage Mclaren for a great price within two days of mentioning it to him. Once you meet Mike you'll understand his passion and you'll feel like family. So in closing I just wanted to thank Yellow Compass and Mike for finding me such an awesome car and for the hospitality. I will definitely be contacting Mike when im ready for next toy.

Attached Files:

nickmb and whatheheck like this.
  12. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Beautiful car!

And yes, Mike is an awesome guy.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

13. fishwater

fishwater Rookie

Jan 30, 2007
    East Bumble

Haha. Now you sound like a used car dealer.

14. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    IAM A USED CAR DEALER!!!!!!

19633500GT likes this.
  15. SWIFTVISION

SWIFTVISION Karting

Jul 22, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Quick and very general question...I had a 99 F355 Spyder in my garage for a year. That was my only Fcar experience.

Is the 360 as much of a POS as the F355? The 355 I had was owned and maintenance paid for by a friend so I didn't have the emotional attachment. I watched him spend 40K in service over 4 years on a 65K car. To me, that is unacceptable and a suckers bet. I don't care how good that exhaust sounded....after getting suck at light after light because it would think the top is in operation and prevent the car from shifting into Drive......I said these F'cars are complete junk. But Ive still got that fire for one but it has to work. Are the 360s any better? Would there be much maintenance difference in a 430? I own M3's, 911s, etc and I don't think any of those are that maintenance heavy.

16. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    Of the 3 F cars you mentioned the F-430 is the easiest on maintainance. The 360 while still requireing timing belts is the easiest of the cars with them to service.

F cars have many quirks as is to be expected with any low production hand built car.

17. SlickMurphy

SlickMurphy Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    Essex
    Full Name:
    David
    Mike was instrumental in selling our 2017 488. Not only is he a true Tifosi, he has access to some great Ferrari's and knows the market like the back of his hand. If your shopping or selling, see Mike FIRST!

David

18. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    David thank you for the kind words !!! it was a real pleasure working with you.
    Mike :)

19. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm thinking of getting into the Fcar ownership thing again in about a year. First go around was about 7 years ago when I bought a 2000 360 red/tan manual with 8600 miles. Put about 1000 miles on it during the summer, had zero issues and sold it for a small profit. Was awesome to have it for 9 months, enjoy it and literally get every single penny back, including the taxes, etc.

Been out of the market for a long time and I'd like to repeat my first experience.

20. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi John !! Id love to work with ya!! give me a call
    Mike 973-610-7111

21. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Ok, this is easy. Mike just sold me an incredible one owner incredible 95 Black 355 and the deal was flawless! It was a consign car and he made both party’s very, very happy. This is an art and it takes an incredibly passion driven guy to pull this off! The deal could have gone south several times but he made it happen! This guy rocks! His personality is incredible! It was a FUN experience! He also connected me with some fabspeed and Capristo pieces to make it awesome at great prices! Mike...Thank you my friend! You know how to do it!

22. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    This was truly one of those great cars !!
    One owner!! So happy it's going to a good home !! I so much enjoyed putting this deal together for both of you :)
    Enjoy many wonderful miles my brother xo

23. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Mike was that the special sub 8k mike 355 one owner that was bone stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    No this was an 11,500 mile 355

25. English

English Rookie

Jan 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Daniel Bennett
    Just wanted to give a little shout out to Mike. We connected through F Chat and he was spot on about the car he reached out about. It passed PPI no questions and any small issues I had, Mike dealt with them immediately. It's my first Ferrari, and he made making the leap painless. He is still storing the car for me until I can take final delivery. Amazing service even after the deal is done!

vdettore, whatheheck and 19633500GT like this.