AP Battista: Is this Pininfarina's Revenge against Ferrari for not being their exclusive design shop | FerrariChat

AP Battista: Is this Pininfarina's Revenge against Ferrari for not being their exclusive design shop

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by bitzman, Mar 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    AP BATTISTA BY PININFARINA: A Design Critique

·

·

At first glance it looks like a Ferrari, but it’s not. The car is the creation of Pininfarina, which, since not being the exclusive designer for Ferrari any more, is stretching its wings and designing for other firms, including AP , of Munich, Germany, who ordered this design.

Pininfarina says this design” has the cultural heritage we have put together in almost ninety years.”

Here’s one critique for what it’s worth (and please add your comments)

FRONT: A little too much Acura NSX look. The body colored leading panel “blands” out the front countenance.

SIDE: By far the most dramatic, but still derivative of Ferrari mid-engined cars of the past few years.

REAR: the split in the large rear horizontal spoiler mystifies us as to its purpose. Do the large panels to the left and right of the center bar move upward to add downforce?

INTERIOR: As befits electric cars of the early 21st century the dashboard is mostly electronic display panels but still, with the upholstery choice, not entirely space age, there is some comfort.

AP was founded in April 2018 and plans to introduce a range of cars, using this design as a springboard. Potential buyers of the 1400kW model were given a preview during the 2018 Monterey Week. Formerly known by its PF-Zero codename, the Battista is named after the company's founder Battista 'Pinin' Farina. Rimac , who have received a lot of publicity for their electric pickup truck design, is a partner with AP for battery technology. The car's range on one charge is claimed to be up to 450km, with pricing to be close to the two million euro mark. Production is to be capped at 150 cars.

The Battista was presented at Geneva in 2019. The goals were to have a car that displays “State-of-the-art technology, breathtaking performance, unparalleled beauty and ‘sustainable luxury’.”

Does it succeed?

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

jelpspeed and anunakki like this.
  2. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    The two horizontal panels on the rear do indeed go up, probably automatic at certain speeds to add downforce. I found a picture of them deployed
    which makes me think the car runs unless its's creative Photoshop/ but I still think the most critical area to have a spoiler is the center so why didn't that have that era covered by a spoiler?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

jelpspeed likes this.
  3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    I like it. I can't see the NSX DNA in the front end. Side profile is outstanding! Rear end is meh.

4. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
  5. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name: