News

Apple Carplay on Lusso - hardwired only?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso/F12/812S' started by sandman03456, Aug 16, 2020.

1. sandman03456

sandman03456 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    If the car is already spec'd for Apple Carplay, can Apple Carplay be used via Bluetooth on a Lusso or must a cord be attached to the phone via the center console?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Wired. Wireless Carplay is a relatively new addition to the automotive world. I only really started hearing cars featuring it starting with 2020 model years.

Porsche, BMW, Kia etc. have just started introducing it into their cars. The feature is usually paired with wireless charging due to obvious synergy. I don't see Ferrari adding wireless carplay anytime soon.

Ironically, the FF was the first car ever to get Carplay. One of the few times when Ferrari is actually ahead of the curve for infotainment!

4. padebus

padebus Karting

Mar 22, 2014
    Wireless only possible when using “CARPLAY2air“ adapter. It’s working just fine

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

5. sandman03456

sandman03456 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    What is this device? An add-on piece of equipment or an app or both?

6. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    So will this work with a 2015 ff without apple CarPlay, just the iPhone 11 Pro.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. padebus

padebus Karting

Mar 22, 2014
    for Sandman, it’s an additional small device available via internet, not an app. It connects automatically when you activate the carplay in the Ferrari infotainment system. I assume it works on the FF too. All the best.

sandman03456 likes this.
  9. padebus

padebus Karting

Mar 22, 2014
    for Papou, without Carplay installed in the Ferrari infotainment it’s not working.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

papou likes this.
  10. sandman03456

sandman03456 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Just ordered one. Company based in China. Thanks for the advice.

11. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    BTW I love having carplay. Yes it's hardwired but damn it's worth having. I think it's the right way to make car electronics.

sampelligrino likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Highjacking this thread because I dont think it's really worth creating a new one for this, but anybody knows if there is a way to have Apple CarPlay actually use the entire width of the screen? As it is it leaves about 5cm of unused screen on each side. On my BMW, it takes the full width and that is the same ratio than the Lusso screen so for sure it's not an Apple CarPlay limitation. (+ it's wireless in the BMW...)