Apple IPod - Who Has One? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Apple IPod - Who Has One?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by dherman76, Feb 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Do you have an Apple iPod?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Not yet, but plans of purchasing one...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff

Funny you mention that. The first time I used my Dell Jukebox I was on a flight and it froze up. I had the manual in my checked bag and had no idea it could reset with the little hole. Found out later in the hotel then fixed it. It did hold all the memory though. Haven't had a problem since.

2. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I used the Dell Jukebox for the first time on a flight this past weekend. It worked very well, never froze up, and was intuitive to use. The software used to sync between computer and Jukebox became a lot easier to use after playing around with it.

3. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I have a question for all of the ipod pros here. I got my first one for Christmas last year and I couldn't get it to configure on my computer (Dell Dimension 4300) where all of my music is. I gave it to my brother and he used his roommate's Apple to configure it and download their songs (about 1300 of them). This is where my question is. If I ever figure out how to get it to work with my computer, will my songs sync with the ipod and add to the list already on there or will it erase everything on there now and start over? My brother seems to think that you can't sync song collections from more than one computer on the same ipod. Is this true? Thanks in advance!

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Your brother's right. I bought an Ipod Mini recently and was having the same problems. When you register the product, the software recognises whether you are logging on from the PC you registered on .If you are not, the software deletes the existing collection and uploads the one you have on your registered Pc.
    Hope this makes sense !

Edited to say ; i had to download all my cd's AGAIN on Itunes before Ipod would upload !!Deep joy.....

5. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Thanks for the reply. I was worried about that.

6. Janet

Janet Karting

Mar 29, 2004
    Pacific Northwest / Florida
    Full Name:
    Janet
    I have a newer model iPod and I LOVE it. The quality of sound is amazing and the ease of buying songs for 99 cents from the iTunes Music Store on line makes the whole setup perfect.

I was recently in a large store in Southern California and I commented on the great sound system. They told me they just plug the iPod into the system and play away ... never repeating a song all week. Now THAT is very cool!

7. staceman

staceman Karting

Sep 23, 2003
    At Home
    Full Name:
    SGT
    Bought one each for our two teenage sons (20GB) this past Christmas. They love them and we had no problem setting them up on their PC's with Windows XP. Just installed a firewire board and loaded the software. Also got rid of the Kazaa software that was creating way too many problems on their systems . . . I prefer that they purchase off of iTunes anyways. Also all their ealier donwloads converted over to the Apple iTunes folder. While the devices are similar in function to other players I personally love the touch and feel of the ipod. Very sleek and cool. I'm now thinking of buying one for myself!

8. dick dastardly

Feb 14, 2004
    I have an iPod Mini. I've used it every day since getting it and recommend it to anyone who'll listen.

A very cool and usable little device

9. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    I've had a few probs with mine; keeps freezing up and i have to reset it.Also , the docking bit doesn't always recognise the Ipod....

10. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I have an iPod 15GB.
    My daughter saved her Xmas money and bought an iPod Mini.
    My other daughter will likely buy one as soon as she saves up enough.

At my business, we use the iPods for a lot of things.
    It is used on a daily basis to hold the music the kids perform to.
    Its also used as a floppy drive at times when we need to transfer
    around huge files.