April 18th Drive and Brunch at Barolo | Page 2 | FerrariChat

April 18th Drive and Brunch at Barolo

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by notoboy, Apr 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Hubert, I'd prefer that too since I don't know Cloisters myself. I'm in Midtown West, and it's an easy hop to catch the West Side Highway from my place. The other benefit from catching it from my place it that it's a lovely drive down the Hudson -- beautiful scenary as you head north.

Where would you be coming from?

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Fun! This looks like it's gathering steam.

Current attendees:

(1) notaboy / David - Testarossa (or will it be the 355 Spider David?)
    (2) pchop / John - 355 Spider
    (3) ghost / Vik - 355 Berlinetta
    (4) Hubert888 / Hubert - 360 Coupe
    (5) Kenster888 / Ken - 348 TS
    (6) DodgeViper01 / Keith - Dodge Viper
    (7) fastaone / Peter - 308 GTS QV
    (8) udalmia / Utkarsh - 360 Spider

Keep 'em coming.

3. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    Im on 66th (btw Broadway & Amsterdam). If I'm higher uptown than you, it would make more sense if we meet from my place. Please let me know.

4. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Fine with me. Why don't you PM me a contact # and we can chat on logistics.

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    A little logistical information for you guys:

The Cloisters.

Address & Phone:
    The Cloisters
    Fort Tyron Park
    New York, NY 10040
    (212) 923-3700

Directions:
    Car: Henry Hudson north to first exit after George Washington Bridge.

Description:
    The Cloisters house the Metropolitan Museum of Art's collection of art and architecture from medieval Europe. Best known for the beautiful tapestries on display, the Cloisters also offer architectural installations, a series of special programs, and fantastic views of the Hudson.

"Located on four acres overlooking the Hudson River in northern Manhattan's Fort Tryon Park, the building incorporates elements from five medieval French cloisters--quadrangles enclosed by a roofed or vaulted passageway, or arcade--and from other monastic sites in southern France. Three of the cloisters reconstructed at the branch museum feature gardens planted according to horticultural information found in medieval treatises and poetry, garden documents and herbals, and medieval works of art, such as tapestries, stained-glass windows, and column capitals. Approximately five thousand works of art from medieval Europe, dating from about A.D. 800 with particular emphasis on the twelfth through fifteenth century, are exhibited in this unique and sympathetic context."

6. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Gretings All!!! Got the e-mail from NotoBoy about this. Sorry, but can't do it this weekend. I will definitely do a get together with all you guys either this Spring or Summer for a run. Look forward to meeting you all soon!!! Thanks for the invite!!!! - Hutch

7. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    I ALSO GOT THE KIND EMAIL FROM NOTOBOY TOO..

UNFORTUNETLY I CAN MAKE IT DUE TO FAMILY OBLIGATIONS...BUT THE SEASON HAS JUST STARTED AND IM SURE WE WILL MEET SOON AGAIN

THANKS AGAIN,

BRUCE

8. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert

Bruce, you wrote "UNFORTUNETLY I CAN MAKE IT". Did you mean you CANT make it?

Anybody else in NYC want to meet up together with me and Vik on the westside before we drive up to the Cloisters?

9. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    I am trying to arrange to make this meeting, 50/50 chance. My car is ready to go so hopefully I can work it wou. BTW I saw Udalmia 360 Spider at CC, it is gorgeous. I should know by later today.

10. fastaone

fastaone Karting

Jan 9, 2004
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Peter F

Give me an address on the west side so i can meet you

11. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    SORRY HUBERT....CANT..:)

BRUCE

12. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I'll chat with Hubert and let you know, but I was thinking of meeting at 66th and Amsterdam (10th) since I will be coming up 10th. Let us discuss and will let you know. PM me a contact # fastaone.

13. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I may meet you all at the restaurant.

14. udalmia

udalmia Guest

Thanks for the kind words charlie, would be great to see you there sam
    Unfortunately I doubt I can make it this weekend, however my mom and dad will be attending the event.. take lots of pictures guys! Cloisters at 8:45-9 it is!
    Could I have somebody's phone number i can give to my father, it would make for easy coordination?

THanks

15. udalmia

udalmia Guest

oh and i almost forgot i cant wait till you guys hear the capristo with test pipes.. it is to die for!

16. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Utkarsh, too bad we won't have the pleasure of your company. Glad to see that your parents will be joining us, though. Your father can reach me on my cell at: 917.656.2280. Please let us know their names, so we can keep an eye out for them, and PM me your dad's cell phone.

Can't wait to hear the new pipes!

17. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    Yeah Vik and I will meet up somewhere near 66th street and Amsterdam. We will let you know :)

18. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    well i got a Tubi in my 360 so we can compare it with the Capristo side by side :)

19. udalmia

udalmia Guest

that would be great hubert! hope i can make it to ROE

20. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    I'm prerunning the route tomorrow with pchop so we can give directions when we meet at the Cloisters. If anyone needs to reach me on or before Sunday, my cell is 516-521-9480.

It should be a gorgeous day, so I'm looking forward to it!

David

21. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    I would like to come hang out with you guys. I know this is last minute so I hope somebody sees this. I would meet Keith and anybody who is meeting on the NJ side of the GW. I am from the Englishtown area of NJ. My cell phone is 732-713-8004. If I could get a call tonight before 12:30am or tomorrow AM. Hope there is room to park at the restaurant I dont know how many you have.I will check this board late tonight before I hit the sack. See you all tomorrow.
    Charlie Krop (512BBi)

22. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Hi guys,
    I pre drove the route today with pchop, and we're ready to go tomorrow. Parking shouldn't be problem at Barolo, but worst comes to worst, I'll park my Ferrari at my apt. after the drive and come with my Vespa.

Looking forward to seeing all who can attend wither at the Cloisters at 8:45-9:00am and/or Barolo at 11:45-12:00 for brunch.

David
    cell 516-521-9480

23. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I spoke with Charlie. He'll be joining us tomorrow with his 512BBi. A couple of more additions as well, so here's the latest update:

(1) notaboy / David - Testarossa (or will it be the 355 Spider David?)
    (2) pchop / John - 355 Spider
    (3) ghost / Vik - 355 Berlinetta
    (4) Hubert888 / Hubert - 360 Coupe
    (5) Kenster888 / Ken - 348 TS
    (6) DodgeViper01 / Keith - Dodge Viper
    (7) fastaone / Peter - 308 GTS QV
    (8) udalmia's Parents / Utkarsh - 360 Spider
    (9) Frank - 575M
    (10) Lupe - 355 Berlinetta
    (11) charliek / Charlie - 512BBi
    (12) +1

Looks like it's going to be a fun ride! See everybody tomorrow.

24. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    hopefully there will be a gas stop planned out in the drive. i only have like a 1/4 tank left and am too lazy to get gas now before sunday's drive.

25. Tom C

Tom C Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    MD
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Would you guys mind if I joined the drive? I don't drive a Ferrari (hopefully someday relatively soon) but I do love and appreciate everything about them. I also would not be taking a parking spot at brunch, as I am only allowed out to play in the morning.

Thanks in advance,

Tom