Arab investors... | FerrariChat

Arab investors...

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Phoenix CG, Oct 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Phoenix CG

Phoenix CG Rookie

Oct 15, 2006
    Assalamualaikum.

I am a 19 year old young entrepreneur, I would like to ask you for a few minutes of your time regarding an investment that I require. InshaAllah I hope to recieve one from a muslim business, as the return would be worthwhile and go to a fellow muslim.

Alhamdullilah I have started my business and it is growing everyday, the problem is I need an investment. I would like to know if your company helps young muslim entrepreneurs, you know of any Muslim Businessmen in the area, the return on investment is very high, and I have produced a business plan and other materials.

The investor can expect a, x4 return within 5 years, on £20,000 investment. which is £80,000 within 3 years. This figure will probably be paid back within the 5 years, the third year revenue is forecasted at £280,000. If you know of any investors, that will be very beneficial, this is a great opportunity for myself and the investor, as well as a great promotional opportunity for the investor for supporting a young entrepreneur, as this will make me set to become Britains youngest self made millionaire, and the First Youngest Muslim Millionaire, which will be a good inspiration for other young entrepreneurs.

I have already put in a few thousand and require the further investment to rent the shop, and get uniforms and further heavy marketing as well as purchasing Navman tracking systems inshaAllah.

If your company is interested I can inshaallah, send more information with the business plan.

JazakAllah khair
    Walaikumsalam

2. Flex

Flex Karting

Aug 23, 2005
    Dubai
    for general information, can we know what is your product?

3. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    Are you for real???????? If you are, send me a pm and we'll take it from there, I can hook you up.

4. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    What do these terms mean? The math seems really fuzzy to me.
    BT

5. GTM

GTM Rookie

Oct 16, 2006
    Islamic Terms..

Assalamualaikum: Basicly means hello to you and me, but means may Gods peace be upon you.

Alhamdullilah: Means that the something is going well, direct translation i think mean Praise be to Allah.

Inshaallah: A good prayer for future plans, not sure of direct translation..

Any member feel free to correct but this is my understanding..

6. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    inshaallah means literally: if allah is willing

7. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    That math does not make any sence at all.

8. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    I wouldn't mind some arab investors either to complete the funding of my new Dubai project (and it's serious) ;)

9. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Weird. Let us know more about the type of your business.
    Setup a meeting with Alfayed in London, I am sure he will be glad to help if your are seriuos ;) He is a self-made moslem Egyptian billionaire residing in London, I am sure you know of him.

10. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
  11. WyattH

WyattH Karting

Jun 22, 2004
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Wyatt Hanson
    Venture capitalism at it's finest.
    I'm not in a financial position to help you, but I wish you every bit of success.

12. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    PM Me your details and be prepared to send me a business plan. I live in London and "may" be interested.

13. Michael Collins

Michael Collins Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    Shanghai/Melbourne
    Inshaallah, other than the correct literal translation given in an earlier reply as follows.

when I spent 20 years in the Gulf it meant it will not happen and Bokra Inshaalla meant there is no chance whatsoever.

14. Phoenix CG

Phoenix CG Rookie

Oct 15, 2006
    I am so sorry I have not got back to you guys here, I just recieved a newsletter from ferrari chat, I would really love to speak to some of the guys that are interested, but someone not only interested in the money but has interest in me, and my capabilities as a businessman, some of you would be dumb founded to hear who I've been contacted by for one of the projects, I'll just mention "government" so please don't just look at the figures, but my capabilities also. I have SO much to show, so please do contact me and I will provide every detail, including the government proposal.

15. Phoenix CG

Phoenix CG Rookie

Oct 15, 2006
    Thank you, not only do I wish that people see the finance side, but the other side also, media & communication is extremely important now, and can play a major role in solving the huge security problem the world is facing today, I won't go on about it here, but it is highly ethical, and I want the people interested in the figures to also see, what I as a person can do.

16. Phoenix CG

Phoenix CG Rookie

Oct 15, 2006
    I have no idea what you're talking about but here is the definition of InshaAllah:

InshaAllah: God Willing.

It's used to bless whatever it is we are doing, like Good fortune. We always praise God as he provides.

17. Cochese

Cochese Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I got it! (and I only spent parts of two years in Saudi Arabia)

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I have a Muslim friend and he says there can be no “interest rate” in any transaction, like even a savings bank account, much less an investment? There must be something like this, but maybe I didn’t interpret it right? Maybe it is only followed by a segment of the Islamic population. :confused:

19. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    yes Rob, islamic law isnt the law of the land everywhere. Lebanon had huge bank depositors from all over the arab world since many banks in some very strict islamic countries could not charge interest. The jews who lived in islamic lands for many years used to be known as the money lenders since they were allowed to lend money to muslims and charge interest.

But you are right, not all muslims adhere to every law in the islamic religion. The reason is simple, these laws were good the period of time they were instituted, but things change. As you know, there are orthodox jews as well as ordinary jews...and a vast difference between them

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Interesting, thanks coachi. I like to explore the world religions.

21. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    Islamic law outlaws usury. I took a class on this for about 2 months then dropped it. It was pretty interesting.

They have all these complicated ways to get around it though so that they can have mortgages, loans, even stuff like options trading.

I think the idea is that you give someone a loan for X amount of dollars, but you have to act as a buying agent for yourself, and as a buying agent you get a fee of y%, or something like that.

You might want to google islamic finance to get a little bit more info.

22. Phoenix CG

Phoenix CG Rookie

Oct 15, 2006
    Rob, It's very complex, but from my point of view there is not a problem with it, as it is a fixed rate, there is no fluctuation, it's a set amount. When there is interest it fluctuates.

23. Harris

Harris Rookie

Jul 30, 2006
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Harris
    Coachi - many Muslims would disagree with this view, and with justifiable logic, at least as far as commerce and finance is concerned.

Shari'a compliant commercial transactions are not about not charging interest. The fundamental principle behind this characteristic of Islamic finance is that money is merely a medium of exchange. It is not a tradeable commodity in itself. That means you can't make money out of money itself - you have to undertake some economically useful trade in between. The net effect of such an approach would be to encourage socially and economically beneficial trade flows, and a more equitable spread of wealth.

As the field of modern Islamic finance is a work-in-progress, one often sees fictitious or synthetic transactions that replicate the economics of conventional transactions but fail to observe the spirit of Islamic law.

In reality, if one applies some fairly simple fundamental principles of commercial transactions as derived from Islamic law, (such as mechanisms of fairness, transparency, equity, as well as some financial filters which are derived from these mechanisms), one can avoid the course of events that led to, for example, the downfall of Enron, Worldcom or Parmalat. In fact, a number of Islamic funds had already filtered such stocks out during their screening processes, hence weathered the storm of late 2001 onwards better than their conventional peers.

Hope this sheds some more light,

Harris

24. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    could you direct me to some literature that explains the enron/islamic ties etc. I would be really interested in knowing exactly how they decided such companies were going to fail....

thanks in advance,
    Ryan

25. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Sounds like a ponzi scheme or excel olympics, take your pick.

Anyways, all the best on your new venture. Cavaet Emptor.