Are 3X8 Prices REALLY Going Up? Value vs Price | Page 16 | FerrariChat

Are 3X8 Prices REALLY Going Up? Value vs Price

Discussion in '308/328' started by Dr Tommy Cosgrove, Aug 14, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I saw that "DBS Volante" with a stick on the Net (at "Miller Motorcars") a few months ago....I was told that it is extremely rare.

Rgds

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I've been lucky to have driven most of the newer Ferrari models. I think a manual gear change in the modern cars just does not make sense. apart from how fast they rev up and down, part of the experience is hitting the paddles.. its a completely different experience but once you get used to it - it totally makes sense. In essence a Modern 488 - or really a 812 Superfast, has the same HP as an F-1 car from 1989 - 1990. in those days only Ferrari had the semi Auto box.. shifting an F-1 car was huge work back then and the gear boxes were usually sequential or required minimal movement and usually just a tap on the clutch. can you imagine having to drive like that on a road in todays traffic? makes no sense. The McLaren F-1 is about as close as you can get - minimal fly wheel - easy to stall...