Are all Ferrari pedals so closely spaced? | FerrariChat

Are all Ferrari pedals so closely spaced?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by RAMMER, Feb 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
    A while back I had the pleasure of sitting in an early Ferrari 308 (which I barely fit in) and found the pedals too close for size 13 wide shoe. I could not step on the accelerator pedal without pressing on the brake. I am not sure I would have been able to drive that car comfortably. Recently, I saw a picture of a 328's pedals on Ebay and they seemed better spaced. My questions 1) Do 308's and 328's have different pedal spacing? 2) Is there anyway to improve a cars pedal spacing? (after market) 3) How are pedals on 348's, 355's, and TRs? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

2. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    i have 11ee feet,i have a great deal of dificulty driving the 355 and TR..the pedals are too close!!!!the 360 i am fine with and for that reason i bought a 360..(which i love)

3. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    My brother ski's.....I mean, his size 13 feet (and being 6' 3" @ 240), he is butt hurt because he cannot fit in my 308. He always tells me to make more money so I can buy a bigger Ferrari!

4. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    First time I drove my 355 up to a set of lights....... applied brakes... and then rev rev rev up to 9,000 while standing still. I was like, what the heck?? I thought the car was about the explode, then I realised.... ah only my size 8s (tiny feet) being used to a Porsche Boxster. Very embarrassing - everyone around just thought I was showing off!

5. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    To potentially answer your question. Hill Engineering (here in the UK) do replacement pedals for 355/348/328. They may do custom ones to, here is the website: www.hill-engineering.co.uk. I got a great replacement gear knob from them for my 355.

6. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    i think the pedals are adjustable