Are Exoto 1/43 high quality? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Are Exoto 1/43 high quality?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by swift53, Jul 10, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    A wish list, would be 6 cars to fill both transporters, not Brumm, yet acceptable to the transporters,
    the kind you might not love, but the kind that 80% of the population might like, the kind I will know it is fitting to the era
    and with 'decent wire wheels'. I think this is the 'eye catcher'...:)
    And absolutely not Exoto.
    Thank you Pedro, as no idea.

Kind regards, Alberto

2. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    I know it's a bit off topic but being a 1/18 scale collector I know who are the best in the business like Exoto, CMC, BBR, MR models, Looksmart and occasionally Minichamps, etc but who are the "go to" names in 1/43rd scale ?

3. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Are CMF models reasonably good quality? I see them from China, and at incredibly reasonable prices.

Thank you.
    Regards, Alberto

4. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Overall they are pretty good for their low prices (China), but not the best. Exteriors are very good, but interiors are terrible - toy like, so don't look inside them! Some are certainly better than others, and not all are worth buying, even at the artificially low prices. They do make some interesting models and of some cars that no other mfg. has done, which is a good thing, but nothing I have wanted yet, so I have not added any CMF pieces to my collection, and doubt I will in the future.

5. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Hello Marshall, you are right, the outside looks nice, but the interior o_O

this one looks nice: https://www.ebay.com/bin/purchaseHistory?item=265223517132&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

+ they charge VAT even if going to the USA. And, yes, China.

" Hi,My friend, Thanks for your interest. we can offer another off price to you, please have a check, you may interesting. Any questions please contact. Thanks! NOTE: If your delivery address in UK, US, Australia, EU,as the ebay policy, the tatal shoule be: item price+ VAT tax. Please refer to the amount on your payment page. Bestregards"

Regards, Alberto

6. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Yes Alberto, that model is one of the nicest they made, and I'll admit I was tempted to buy one. I almost made a scratch built of it a number of years ago for a previous owner of the 1:1 car, but he was a cheapskate, and a bit of a flake, so I walked away from him. Forgive my digression... back to this model & the eBay seller. Price is certainly cheap, but charging VAT to sales in the US is absolute Bull___t! Not required by law. I'm guessing they charge the extra and keep it for themselves. I know it's virtually impossible to avoid dealing with China these days, but I try to avoid doing so, as much as possible.

7. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Thank you Marshall...agree about the China bit, but the cheapest in the US is $ 274 (or bo) so still miles ahead.
    So, they charge $136 + Vat ...Grand total $166. Not too bad. Still, almost $90 difference. Bonus, take it apart and make a couple fixes on the interior. :)

I wrote them and asked them on the VAT. Will post reply.

Regards, Alberto

8. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    You're welcome, and yes, even with the VAT, that's still a very good price.

9. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Hello Marshall, yesterday I received the 2 transporters. Perfect arrival.
    The funny part is that, guess who is Exoto Aficionado? Hint, our friend in question. :)
    Now, the 2 models went up by $100 :)

Now as far as dressinfg up the transporters, can you lend me a hand?

If you like: alberto.guirola at gmail dot com

Regards, Alberto

10. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

Yes, I know that Tony K. is the one selling those as well as most other Exoto brand models on eBay. You really got a very good deal, which happens with him on a rare occasion!

As far as dressing up the transporters, I'm not sure how I could help you with that. Feel free to contact me directly with a PM or at my main business...CMA Models.