Are Maseratis too cheap compared to Ferrari and other brands? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Are Maseratis too cheap compared to Ferrari and other brands?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Sunshine1, Oct 21, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maserati Blue

Maserati Blue Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2010
    Europe
    Indeed I do, I didn't think "bad" of Lamborghini, but then I passed by the factory and I was solely disappointed when I looked at the cargo trucks from Germany, unloading all the Gallardo parts on the parking lot. 100% of the Gallardo was brought from Germany and just assembled in Italy.

So to my book, that makes it an Audi, assembled in Italy.

PS:
    I am not sure about the Murcielago, because that seemed like a different story. The Aventador wasn't in production when I was there.

2. Maserati Blue

Dec 13, 2010
    Europe
    Walter, don't get me wrong, VW, Audi and Lamborghini are all great brands, all I'm saying is that now Lamborghini in its current state is not at all Italian like before.

3. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Sure the new Lambos are well made, reliable and dependable but who the heck want's one as bad as the 458 or even the Mclaren?

Audi screwed up when they released the R8. That just killed the Lambo brand and their image IMO.

4. Maserati Blue

Dec 13, 2010
    Europe
    True, it became more reliable, usable and a lot more drivable! You can get over speed bumps (lifting system) and even park easily (or at least easier than before) and you aren't afraid to take a long trip around Europe without 5 mechanics following behind you.

But honestly, every time I get inside a recent Lamborghini, it reminds me too much of my Audi A3, and even my VW Polo !!! Instrument cluster, computer LCD screen, window buttons, plastic dashboard parts, door hinges, so on an so forth.

To be fair, my Maserati shares the same side mirror moving mechanism as the Alfa Romeo, but sharing a few bits and pieces is different to shipping whole crates of the whole car in pieces. At least those parts are Italian... erm... which also probably means that they are about to fall off... or something :)

ok enough of my ramblings for today...

PS:
    My VW Polo is partly Italian, since it has Magneti Marelli electronics combined with the BOSCH ecu... aah globalization...

5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #30 Bullfighter, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
    I agree. The Porsche 911/997 retains value fairly well due to a reputation for quality, performance and good ownership experience. Ferrari isn't there yet (maybe never will be).

The stomach-turning depreciation on newer Ferraris suggests that they're milking thick wallets very effectively, though.

Actually, I agree, the GranTurismo walks all over the 599/California in terms of styling. (A reversal of the 575M and mid-'00s Maserati coupe...) I think it ranks right up at the top of modern car design, along with a couple of Aston Martins.

But per Mrpbody's post I don't think Maserati is underpriced, maybe slightly overpriced. A new Ferrari and Aston Martin will "vanquish" your checking account like nothing else on four wheels. I wouldn't hold those marques as useful points of reference.

6. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    #31 JeremyJon, Oct 23, 2011
    true the GT and QP have come way up in the game.......let me ask, if the resale (used) price remains low, at least in part, because potential buyers know that any after-warranty issues are going to be level of Ferrari $$ for service and parts.....i know that would make me think twice! IMO

7. P2164

P2164 Karting

Oct 8, 2009
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Jack Houpe
    I personally think they are beautiful cars and bang for the buck well worth the money (American dollar) I've been looking at buying one and perhaps in the future that will happen but for style and luxury how can you beat it? In the past I've pasted on some good investments that Maserati had at the time, it was a mistake on my part.

I bought my wife a LS430 Lexus and its a great car with NO fun attached.

8. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    #33 wbaeumer, Oct 23, 2011
    Even Ferrari buys a lot of their components abroad!

Much of the carbon-fiber stuff for the Italia comes from Germany. The company who produces them are also doing F1-parts for Maranello.

Wheels are by BBS, clutches by Fichtel & Sachs, etc., etc.....

So many interior parts of the varios Ferraris are made from plastic!

And the carbon-fiber-chassis from the Aventador is miles ahead of any current Ferrari.

The only advanced technical development mae by Ferrari is the 4WD in the FF.

FIAT has no clue to produce high-performance components. Audi has..............

Ciao!
    Walter

PS.: and don`t forget that Signore Montezemolo`s politics by looding the market with high production figures will kill Ferrari`s image at one day.

Even Ferraris are today industrial producs made by computers (same computer are producing Lambos, Porsches, BMW`s etc., etc.!). And now something else: the Enzo-design was created at Pininfarina ....by a Japanese! The days are long gone that Ferrari is pure Italian!

Go figure....

9. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Just want to say... The Gran Turismo is drop dead gorgeous... It looks perfectly exclusive too, IMO. Don't mind it dropping in value, will make a great 2nd car to a second-hand V8 Ferrari. It's cool that it's comfy and not a racer, we got Ferrari for that.