Are new 570GT reliable? | FerrariChat

Are new 570GT reliable?

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by Principissimo, Sep 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Hi to all of you.

I have had different sport cars in my life and the only brand I'm actually thinking about to try is Mclaren.

I visited the dealer and he has a good offer on a 570GT they have in stock. Car coming with GT upgrade package, Sport Package and sport exhaust. It even has panoramic privacy glass roof (which i still have to know what it is).

I'd like to buy it but I've read a lot of things about problems on 570 and so I was a little bit afraid.

That's why I'm asking if the new ones are reliable.

They even have a GT they use to show customers they could sell but I'm not sure it is has fun as 570GT.

Thanks for helping.

2. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    In terms of reliability, I believe McLaren has improved, especially since the MP4-12C. Do you have any warranty options? CPO offerings?

3. 2cargarageuk

2cargarageuk Rookie

Apr 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve Houlder

I have had a 570S Spyder, 5000 miles and no issues at all... and now a 720s.. the dealers know how to deal with warranty now if there are any issues, so go for it.. the drive is amazing, not like anything else - i have an AMG GTR and the Mclaren is 100% better!

4. morjo02

morjo02 Rookie

Mar 9, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Morales
    probably not !!:D:D:)

5. Principissimo

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Thanks a lot for helping.
    The car is new and so it has full 3 years warranty.
    I'm even considering 720s but there's a huge difference in price cause they have this new 570GT on offer at a good price and the 720s is at regular price.
    Actually it is almost 60K dollars difference.
    In italy their value drops quite fast and so 720S scares me more.

6. Principissimo

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    What do you suggest?
    570GT or take the risk with 720s?
    I do not track the car

7. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    One of the problems with buying most any McLAren is the rapid depreciation that accompanies the car. Too many new models to quickly forces the value down. If you want the car plan on keeping it for several years to minimize the "hit" that will surly come when you sell it.

8. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    BYW this obviously applies to most exotics depending on the model but McLaren seems to take the biggest drop. Pandemic may have changed this somewhat.

9. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    The 570 is a great car, smooth, fast, fun, I actually preferred the suspension in the 570 more than my 720s it just feels better imo. The GT is a way better practical supercar especially with that rear glass opening up, it is a daily driver for sure, and it's plenty fast would still destroy most cars out there.

I like the looks of the GT, it is the better looking of the 570 line up.

10. Principissimo

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    This is a great help. Thanks.

11. Sheridan Brinley

Jun 2, 2006
    I have read on the chat that the rear compartment of the GT gets warm in the sun, as the engine heat accumulates. Don't store groceries or a laptop back there.

Booker likes this.
  12. Principissimo

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
  13. vracer

vracer Formula 3

Jun 23, 2014
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I just missed out on a '17 570GT. The seller said that one of the advantages that his car had was that it was a "late" 2017, not an early one. Is there a difference, and if so??? While we're on that subject - any differences between the '16, '17 & '18?
    Thank you one & all,

Booker likes this.
  14. vracer

vracer Formula 3

Jun 23, 2014
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Richard
    FYI, I will answer (partially) my own question.
    The earlier cars appear to have three screens separated by black spaces in the main central dash. The newer cars seem to have one integrated screen; I doubt that there is any difference other than visual.

Another question - I'd like to get opinions on Carbon Ceramic brakes for street use.

Thanx, any and all.

Keep the shiny side up,
    Richard