Are old CAVALLINOs worth much? | FerrariChat

Are old CAVALLINOs worth much?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by bitzman, Aug 8, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    A guy who was into drag racing, then Panteras, then collecting Ferrari stuff called me, wants to dump stack of Cavallinos. But I don't want to pay such and such for this and that rare issue, so if they are worth say $10 ea.for the average one, maybe I can buy them and offer one free issue as a premium with every 11" x 17" print of one of my Ferrari paintings (I wish i could trade him my Shelby stuff but he's totally into drag racing now..) Whaddya think?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK

Attached Files:

3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I missed a complete set with the red boxes at a No Reserve auction. It sold for <$100--granted this is an aberration but . . . With the exception of the early issues, I think that the boxes are worth more than the magazines.

rynoshark, trashidelek! and pilotoCS like this.
  4. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Sad but true. Issues #1 and #2 bring some money. That's about it.

Castlemount likes this.
  5. moriaan1

moriaan1 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans
    a few years back the early numbers especially nr.3 were around $100 Numbers up to 10-20 around $50 and later went for lower. I have the entire set, and at some point someone offered me 3000.
    I will never sell them. They give an excellent picture of the world of Ferrari during the years. Beautifull articles and inside information. Last few years aren't as great as they used to be, but i recently received the "new"nr 250, and an era has ended... From my early 20's on I was allways excitingly waiting for the next issue, now it turned into a lifestyle magazine... not my cup of tea....

gpiro, Llenroc and Nembo1777 like this.
  6. trashidelek!

trashidelek! Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Sadly, I am not so sure about the degree to which it is an aberration. The complete set (inclusive of the red slipcases) linked below has been for sale FOREVER at $1400 with absolutely no takers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234582025277

7. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    trashidelek! likes this.
  8. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Tell me about it……:rolleyes:

trashidelek! and Rosey like this.
  9. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    That is a bargain compared to the Fchatter who paid $1500 for the set of Forza listed just a week or so ago.

pilotoCS, Lusso123 and trashidelek! like this.
  10. trashidelek!

trashidelek! Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    I won't hold my breath on that! Seriously, that set must have been for sale for more than two years...

Very true and, no doubt, part of the reason why they are not exactly an unusual find as of late.

As P.T. Barnum once said, "There's a sucker born every minute"...

pilotoCS and Rosey like this.