News

Are there any local exotic car rental places?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by mred, Nov 30, 2003.

1. mred

mred Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Ed B.
    Do you guys know of any exotic car rental places in the Atlanta area or in Georgia for that matter. I have not been able to find any but Driven Image says that they can ship one of their cars to me for about $800 (I assume each way). I would obviously prefer to find one locally. Thanks in advance for all of your responses.
    ED

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    What kind of car are you looking for?

4. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Luke Colorado
  5. mred

mred Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Ed B.
    I am looking for a 355, 360, or murcielago for a few days
    thanks
    ED

6. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    The only thing I can add is that I did a _very_ extensive check last April, and at the time there was not a single place in the U.S. that would rent out a Murcielago.

I had one place quote me $5k / day but when I pushed them they said the car "was not available"

I have a feeling there's one somewhere, but it's not with a public rental place (Driven Image said, specifically, "we may have access to one").

There are plenty of 355s and 360s out there, however.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    BTW -- The reason it's so hard to find a murcielago to rent is simply because of its price. It's very very very difficult for a rental company to get insurance for their cars, it's even more difficult to get insurance for cars valued oved $100k, and it's basically impossible to get insurance for a car valued at $250k. In a few years that'll change, obviously, but that's why the only lambos you can find for rent are mid-model Diablos (~$125k).