Are there any minorities on F-chat | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Are there any minorities on F-chat

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rambo, May 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Hey hold on there buddy you don't have to be raceist

get it race ist...:D:D

Oh boy I need new material...:p

2. FQ340

FQ340 Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2007
    istanbul
    Full Name:
    ahmet
    Oh, no.. :) :)

3. 328gtsfan

328gtsfan Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2004
    Aus
    Full Name:
    Greg
    That is the most tenuous link I think I've read lately.

How does noticing the characteristics of people prejudice or discriminate against them? It doesn't, so how can you call it racist?

It might be one part of being a racist but it doesn't make you a racist.

What if you noticed there were a lot of kids at the mall.. can I presume something sinister about that?

You need to judge people by their actions and not ascribe a 'thought crime' to them.

4. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Huh............

5. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    This is a forum for people who still enjoy (and pay attention to) driving.

We're *all* a minority here.

(Besides: do you really think you can tell the race of a driver as he zips by in a car that demands attention to itself?)
    (e.g.: Who you callin' "white", paleface? ;))

6. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    The OP got banned for looking for trouble IMO. the question, while crudely constructed is probably valid. I would guess most people on Fchat, and most Ferrari owners are white males. Does that make me a sexist? I don't think so. The African American Ferrari owners that get the press are the celebrity owners, but I doubt they would frequent this place, just because they lead busy lives and don't need more social networking. You are much more likely to find African American Ferrari owners here that are car enthusiasts and professionals (like BeeJay). You are also much more likely to find white, Asian, or Indian Ferrari owners that are car enthusiasts or professionals here. Race has no impact on this site, other than some dumb threads in the P&R section. This place is one of the few realizations of Dr MLK's dream! People of any race can type side by side without fear of hatred splitting their views based on race.
    I like it here.
    :)
    BT

7. kenny1022

kenny1022 Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2008
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    #32 kenny1022, May 28, 2008
    Last edited: May 28, 2008
    Another interesting study would be to consider among the white owners, how many of them are of Italian descent?

8. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    you my friend are a tad to sensitive. i don't blame you. you have been taught it your whole life. Just to make it clear for you, you are not a racist if you know or want to know what the demographic make up of a certain group is. In fact, it is a very basic piece of information. You are a racist if you believe one race is genetically superior to another. Are trying to tell me you don't notice how many people of a certain race are around? i don't believe it. by your definition, you are probably a racist.

9. jhsalah

jhsalah Formula 3

Apr 10, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Jawad
    What now?! I hope you're kidding. Arabs are Arabs. That's exactly the type of racism I was talking about when races like Arab are lumped into "Other" on forms and such. I won't get into a long discussion here of whether Arabs come from the "Hejaz" (where Saudi Arabia is now) or whether they got mixed in with "Indo-European" stock in the Levant (i.e. Lebanon, Palestine, Syria) etc., suffice it to say that Arabs are Arabs -- not "white".

10. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    #35 The Ape, May 28, 2008
    WTF??? This thread is useless, pointless, and has no value. Who cares what race anyone is? Seriously......what was the point of this troll's question? Ferrarichat happens to be a very special community of Ferrari enthusiasts, owners, etc....I value the interactions I have and the information shared here. I have had a much richer ownership experience because of many of you. I sometimes learn of an issue with my 430 before my service writer does. That alone has saved me time and aggravation.

The idea of a this web based community for me is that I can interact with people worldwide that share the Ferrari passion. I love that I can communicate learn from guys in Europe, Asia, Egypt, Etc. Im ranting......I just woke up and this irked me.
    My point is that I am so tired of stereotypes and racially charged insults wrapped in stupid questions. I see it on CNN everyday with the election coverage, I dont need it here.

11. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    I have found people of different races treat race very differently. For example, Asians will ask another Asian "What are you?" with no negative connotations. Since I can distinguish the major differences of many Asian ethnicities, I can go, "Are you Thai?" or "You're Japanese, right?". I've never had a problem with ill will.

But I have found my black friends react quite differently to race. They are very sensitive to their race having a major impact on their lives, deservedly so. Being white, they often feel I am not qualified to even discuss it. while I agree I cannot truly understand what being black in America is like, I do feel badly that the subject is most often avoided.

My Hispanic friends seem the least sensitive about race in that while they have as strong a community as blacks, they don't have problems talking about it with other races; they are the most inclined to joke about cultural similarities and differences.

These comments are a reflection of my personal experiences and not intened to be true about any particular individual.

Ken

12. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    you need new black friends. my black friends don't have these issues and are not looking for racists around every corner. they have no problem discussing race with me. maybe it's because i live in a high minority area.
    I love your last sentence though. very pc.

13. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Agree with Ken and the Ape.

Ken, yep you are right. Everybody and every race reacts differently to race discussions. Sometimes violently so. It is an obvious difference unlike a persons religion or politics.

Hence I strongly support Ape's view. This is truly worthless. MODs, let's close this thread before we inadvertantly give the OP EXACTLY what he/she wants and we lower ourselves into his or her cesspool of thought.

Let's go back to our usual and more enjoyable thrashing of each other over God, or the lack there of; utility of guns vs rape whistles; Hillary, Obama and McCain (and Critter Raising with Uncle Noah (Husker).) :D

14. ducowti

ducowti Formula 3

Jan 27, 2008
    NY/SC
    Full Name:
    David
    #39 ducowti, May 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. kidwhizz

kidwhizz Karting

Feb 16, 2008
    In the darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us.

To be honest - I would like to think that someone won't give a hoot what colour I am or race/religion etc when I require help, before any religion I think we have to be human first.

And its only human to like Ferrari's :) IMHO.

Thought I would post on this Board not coz of its colour make up, but where discussion could be had on FCar's. I also think stirring on here really should have no place, everyone is entitiled to an opinion no doubt - but I honestly never thought that the colour of anyones skin matters to what car interest there is.

Not many posts on here by myself, but avid reader on the helpful forums big plus to all on here. I feel it is being suggested that this place is racist in someway - I presonally do not belive that is the case at all.

kindest regards Aamir.

16. Duane_Estill

Duane_Estill F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Duane K Estill
    #41 Duane_Estill, May 28, 2008
    This thread should never have seen the light of day, but here we are.

The most 'minority' feature of this entire place is the rarity and excellence of these cars, requisite enthusiasm, intelligence of the people in the community, good-will, hearty banter, spirit of comraderie, astounding knowledge, and larger than life characters that are here.

The social homogeneity and detrimental equality striven for in our society, characterized by the absolute ostracization and criminalizing of anything smacking of uniqueness and specific group identity is the death knell of a great society......

Genetics does not a society make......and specific beliefs tied to genetic identity, (i.e. race) becomes the stuff of genocide, whether literal or figurative. I'm of French Huguenot extraction, descended from a French Lord, but I'm moreso a Christian, and an American, quite independant of my genetic extraction. Belief and cultural conditioning
    supercedes genetics, though not entirely. Some are idiots naturally....others acquire the trait.

Uniqueness, uncommon valour, dogged devotion to an unpopular ideal, going against the grain, is what this country was FOUNDED on. If George Washington had said...."Oops...I'd be in a minority if I fought against the crown, so I can't do that," we'd still be flying Union Jacks. Thanks God for George Washingtons "minority" that yielded this grand republic we live in.

As has been well put.....those that are characterized by characterizing groups as minorities in a perjorative fashion are themselves a minority, and a very bad one at that.

If this place is a minority.....then by all means......count me in. I'll proudly put a flag in my front yard.

17. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yea, we let POOR people in here to chat, so there's a minority......LOL!

What a crazy thread and love to all my Fchat brothers! ROTFLMAO!

'Bruddas from another mother', that's what ya'll are!
    And a nod to the ladies here also, where IS Miami Mermaid anyway????

I'll just say I know for a fact the Ferrari crew in both Texas and Louisiana is a very diverse interesting group of people, and I have met 'friends' from all over the world here, and value their opinions very highly.....

Love to all, Tex

18. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    #43 Stackhouse, May 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ROTFLMAO!

I'm calling OSHA right now on those guys, Pimpdaddy......hilarious....

I told Lady Valeria not to wire her pool, I'd come back and do it if she'll lift the Restraining Order.....the least Icould do.....

20. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Wow, banned in under 3 hours, thats a new record!!!

21. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!

22. PSP

PSP Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2001
    Lake Forest, CA USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick S. Perry
    Oh, it's easy to tell - for example, I can tell that you're a red devil.......

:)

23. ambrosios1

ambrosios1 Karting

Oct 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ambrose
    lol. well I'm Mexican. or hispanic. or latino. i forget what they like to call us these days.

24. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    #49 climb, May 28, 2008
    This thread isn't in the Politics section so why the racist rants??

It's a good question. Seems to be the case. If it is then fine. If others wanna join in even better.

I go to all kinda car shows with all different age and demographic groups.

Almost all Ferrari or Concours shows seem to be white on white. Makes you wonder about future prices if only one albeit large group of people predominantly like these cars.

I often find myself enjoying a guilt free cracker with a fellow member of the casper brethren while taking in the view of these beautiful cars. My complaint is with the atmosphere, i'd like it to be less about the Country Club VIP khaki and blue jacket thing. Judge Smeals and David E. Davis walking around with a clipboard kinda freaks me out a little.

From a people watching point of view it's kinda fun to watch men walk around with lime green pants and a sweater tied 'round the neck. The straw hat really pulls the whole outfit together.

Golf??..Nixon plays golf.

25. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    While I'm not positive, I would suspect that most Ferrari owners are in fact white...at lease by what I see at various concours and FCA events...at least in the USA