Are you cautious telling people you own a Ferrari.? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Are you cautious telling people you own a Ferrari.?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Flyingbrick242, Aug 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Well said!

I don’t get this phenomenon.

Matt

djfrens and E60 M5 like this.
  2. roobarb

roobarb Rookie

May 15, 2014
    Someone was berating my Smart Car, a friend told him hes also got a Ferrari... silence followed...

MalcQV, vrsurgeon and G. Pepper like this.
  3. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    LOL!!!

Bob’s 360 likes this.
  4. Bob’s 360

Bob’s 360 Rookie

Mar 30, 2018
    Cocoa, FL
    Full Name:
    Bob DeCardenas
    Absolutely being humble does help. Being an ambassador for the brand is the most Important thing. Recently I went to a store and four young man almost attacked my 360. I showed them every aspect of the car. I invited them all to sit inside of it but they all declined. I told them what someone already wrote previously. Yes it’s a Ferrari but that it is a car and it is attainable just depends what your goals are.

timjen88 and Skidkid like this.
  5. Enzo's Long Lost Son

Mar 12, 2013
    When someone asks if I own a Ferrari, I smile and say, “oh god no, I own a few”. The look on their face is priceless!

6. dppoulin

dppoulin Rookie

Jun 18, 2012
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Daniel Poulin
    I've had 6 late model showroom-new Ferraris since 2001 - 360, 575, 575, 612, 599 and an F12. I drive them weekly, to work, to lunch, to dinner, to happy hour, so everyone in town knows I have a Ferrari. People let me self park up front at restaurants, hotels and bars and people always want to talk about my Ferrari. If i had an Audi R8 nobody would give a crap. People love Ferraris. They always want to know how fast I've driven it. It's funny though, people have no concept of the cost or value, they'll ask, "how much, like $100,000?"
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

G. Pepper and Bob’s 360 like this.
  7. witz

witz Rookie

Nov 13, 2015
    Los Angeles Calif.
    #107 witz, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2018
    I recently bought a 70' hot rod Porsche on Ebay. My girlfriend and I were walking in a busy area waiting for the light to change. I was telling her that I was excited about getting this car. I was saying, I won't have a red car in my collection. And she said what about the red Ferrari in the garage. I said... oh ya, forgot about that one. It made me feel like an idiot. These people around me thinking ....what an *******.

8. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    I am self conscious telling people I own a Ferrari. I even find that I don’t wear my Ferrari hats. I usually wear my Porsche hat and people don’t get weirded out. I use terms other than “Ferrari” to discuss things I’ve been doing or where I’ve taken it. I use “360” or “F-Car” in place of “Ferrari”.

timjen88 likes this.
  9. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    One of the tenants in my building parks a new Porsche in the car park - all my patients think it's mine. I say "Hell, no, I can't afford a Porsche! I drive that Toyota Yaris" (which I do). You gotta lance an awful lot of boils to afford a Porsche.

Bob’s 360 likes this.
  10. CaliforniaK

CaliforniaK Rookie

Oct 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Katie
    The corkscrew is SUCH a fun turn, and hard to get just right...

K

11. Adam Gasper

Adam Gasper Karting

Jul 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Adam Gasper
    +1

12. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Love that sticker. I want something like that for my GT3... perhaps;

Today I brought my slow car

Or

My other car is... much quicker
    (with a Ferrari logo underneath)

Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. SIMON RADCLIFFE

Feb 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    SORRENTINO
    In my experience most people are wowed about the car, unfortunately they hate the drivers..!!!

14. notech

notech Rookie

Dec 30, 2014
    So nice to find out many people share the same humble feelings as mine.
    I can certainly recognize some of the reactions when I used to lightly tell colleagues or not so close friends I own "some type of cars".. I skip conversation now at the exception of car enthusiasts where we can talk about our adventures and how we like to get our hands dirty.
    I appreciate people who share a passion for cars, for that particular silhouette, engine note, driveability or all together which makes our emotions spark every time we look or touch our beloved.

timjen88 and jennifer488 like this.
  15. Labrador

Labrador Rookie

Jan 14, 2017
    I don't tell anyone, but if I'm asked, I'm honest. I'm a car guy and I explain that my Ferrari is a blast to drive, and that everyone allocates their resources in accordance with what makes them happy, and my car makes me happy!

timjen88 and Flyingbrick242 like this.
  16. jennifer488

jennifer488 Rookie

Aug 8, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    I thought I was the only one that felt this way, until I found this thread. Thank you so much for sharing this!

17. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I actually see way more thumbs up and "nice car" votes than ANYTHING negative.

My view is the U.S.A. is the land of opportunity. I think a good percentage of the folks in my area think (or hope) they will get to Ferrari ownership too. When I bought my first exotic, my boss actually used me as an example in a company meeting, "you can get there too" was his message.

My wife is actually more on the 'embarrassed' side, ostentatious display of wealth, she might characterize it. I try to be humble about it, I like the earlier thought from @killer58 about brand ambassador, that's more where I fall when talking about my car.

It also goes a very long way to let your trusted friends/family drive your car. Hey, you bought this car because you enjoy it on many many levels -- What could be better than sharing that very unique experience with someone else? Let them feel first hand what forced induction 660HP feels like kicking you in the pants. Obviously character judgement is a big part of making that call, but wow, that fills the goodwill bank and gives them an experience they will talk about for the rest of their lives.

G. Pepper and Flyingbrick242 like this.