Buy

Arena Football

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Teenferrarifan, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Has anyone ever been to an arena football game? I love reg. football, but am not sure about the arena game. Shorter field higher scoring ect. Philly just got a team the SOUL and I was wondering if its worth getting tickets and going to a game. It would be weird to not know any of the players though. What do you guys think?
    Erik

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I've seen it on TV. It seems weird to me, not like football is supposed to be. Its exciting to watch, and now that the NFL season is over it'lll have to do. BRING BACK THE XFL!

4. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Anyone else has any input?

5. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Global Moderator Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Pikop Andropof
    Just go and see if you like it.

I used to attend Dallas Texans games back in the 90s. Arena Football is a lot of fun to watch, if you accept it on its own terms. It's not the NFL, but it's a cool, fast variant.

6. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    To me it felt more like being at a hockey game than a football game, except with lots of scoring. Lots of beers, violence and fun, but it didn't really scratch that true football itch. I guess it's sort of like watching NASCAR until the F1 season starts.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    I went to a minor-league arena football game (at least that is what I think it was) in Wheeling, WV. It wasn't too bad, but overall it was a pretty forgettable experience.

9. nickm

nickm Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Ventura Ca.
    Ive seen the LA Avengers. Great entertainment for the $$. Defintly worth seeing. WAY more action than a NFL game. No waiting around in beween plays for the commercials to end so the game can continue. Also, at least in LA, great seats that would cost ya 10x the price if it was the NFL. A bit weird watching a game indoors, but that's probably just me.

10. nickm

nickm Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Ventura Ca.
    Talking about forgettable experiences, NFL games (even though I LOVE them on TV) are a bit forgettable. And I don't think its the NFL location.
    I've seen games in Tampa, Seatle, San Deigo, Oakland, Phoenix, and they are OK but not spectacular. There is one place that was AWESOME though...give you the goosbumps, cant believe you are there to see a game. Green Bay. Saw a Monday Night game there and was blown away! A Chicago game would probably be the same. Just a lot of history, which adds alot to the games for me.