ARGHH! Oil spray on my car | FerrariChat

ARGHH! Oil spray on my car

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ronr, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ronr

ronr Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2002
    DFW, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Fired up the air compressor today so I could hose off my chainsaw. Walked back up to the compressor, and saw spray all over everything. After realizing what had happened, I turned it off real quick-like, but waaay too late.

The sight glass had broken out of the double-pumper case (about shoulder level) and slung high-grade synthetic motor oil all over the (black) 308. Super windy day in Dallas today, which helped swirl it all around the garage, completely covering the car. Most of it got puked up on the hood, front fender, door and windshield.

Carefully pulled the car out into the driveway and proceeded to scrub for a few hours with some warm water and Joy dishwashing liquid (Green Tea Essence flavor). Wife and kid kept me supplied with warm soapy water, while I cursed (mostly) to myself. The aforementioned wind certainly didn't make things any easier. It finally came clean, so I think it will survive. Gave it a good toweling off and let it sit in the breeze whilst I scrubbed the garage floor. Put it back in the garage and took four Ibuprofen. Gave me a helluva scare, but on the other hand, it was a complete waste of a day.

2. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Hope the car is fine.The positive is that you had a good aerobic workout.