Arizona 40th anniversary celebration | FerrariChat

Arizona 40th anniversary celebration

Discussion in '308/328' started by dogue, Sep 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry
    Scottsdale Motosports Gathering (doubletree & scottsdale rd) Saturday October 3rd, will be honoring the 40th anniversary of the Ferrari 308. If you live in Arizona own a 308 show up early for premier parking. Hope to have a great showing. Spaces fill up usually before 7am so come early.

2. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Bummer, would have loved to have done this. I'm flying out of Phoenix tomorrow :(

3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    It's incredible that we have in Arizona (!!!!) a meeting to honor the 40th birthday of the most succesfull and well know Ferrari ever. What will we have, here in Modena, where there is the Factory and the highest Ferrari 308 density in the world?

Nothingh... :(

ciao

4. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    I've been told by Italians that they find us Americans strange for keeping so many old cars around. Sure the 308 is iconic but it's an old car, that kind of thing is rare there. Apparently finding a F355 in Italy is exceedingly hard as it's just old enough to not be worth keeping around. Now I haven't been to Italy to confirm this or not but this came from Factory Ferrari people at a meeting a couple yrs ago.

The culture here in the US is very different then most anywhere in the world when it comes to the Automobile, from the early start back with the 'Tin Lizzy' AKA Fords Model T, the automobile represented freedom and adventure available to everyone. That changed the world esp here in the US. And if one wants to see car culture and how it shaped a society and state then look at the history of southern California. I was fortunate and lucky enough to be raised here in the epicenter of such a place. Sadly it's only a former ghost of it's once great self. But compared to most other places it's still going strong.