Article on Ferrari worried Purosangue popularity will hurt its sports car cred... | FerrariChat

Article on Ferrari worried Purosangue popularity will hurt its sports car cred...

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by bitzman, Jul 10, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    crinoid likes this.
  2. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Jony Ive...

https://www.driving.co.uk/news/business/apple-designer-jony-ive-electric-ferrari/

FORMER Apple designer Sir Jony Ive, the man behind the clean, minimalist look of the iPhone and Macbook, has signed a deal that will see him and his business partner Marc Newson develop a new electric car for Ferrari.

Ive and Newson’s company, LoveFrom, inked a deal with Exor, a holding company owned by the Agnelli family — noted Italian industrialists and major Ferrari shareholders — that will see Ferrari’s inaugural pure-electric vehicle become its first design project.

Bullfighter likes this.
  3. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yeah the Cayenne and Macan destroyed Porsche- The Urus destroyed Lamborghini...

I don't think either have released a decent car since they came out.... :eek::eek::rolleyes:

These imbeciles need more to write about :cool:

4. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Probably shoulda thought of that before they even floated the idea....... or listened to Ferrari owners..... or even just car enthusiasts (the folks they're now worried about alienating).

Bullfighter likes this.
  5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Ferrari hasn't built and enthusiasts car since they stopped building the manual transmission.
    They are now just cookie cutter cars designed to make crappy drivers appear to know what they are doing, by giving them fancy blips and pops..yes they sound wonderful..and are stupid fast. But they are completely useless now. They are just too good to actually enjoy.

And I absoulty detest the fact Stelantis is starting to use Chrysler parts in them..especially the software aspect..the brand is being cheapend more and more..but the prices of the cars continue to rise.

Hang on to those 360/430's. They are the last ones to actually bring driving enjoyment that you have to work for.

sca037, Shorn355 and willrace like this.
  6. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Yep - They've been building "luxury appliances" since the 458, when they replaced Engagement with Game Boy. They still managed to hold onto the IMAGE cultivated through their motorsports legacy.... and then, they went for the rolling romper-room. Legacy Cred swirling the bowl. They make scary-fast appliances, but "the thrill is gone" for anyone who's experienced an engaging connection to any activity.
    A shame, but it's all about ROI for shareholders now.

7. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Sort of… but remember F1 ditched the gear lever long ago, so it made sense for the manual gearbox to evolve.

And yes, the corporate parts bin makes modern cars all somewhat interchangeable.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The great news is that all the cool Ferraris have already been built.

sca037 and JTSE30 like this.
  9. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    True. And it applies to many other marques as well.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

JTSE30 and PaulK like this.
  10. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Let’s hope Jony’s input is limited to the interior.

JTSE30 likes this.
  11. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Take a drive in a f430 with the f1..Scud even better. That is how you build an engaging car with a floppy paddle gearbox. You still feel the shifts..some nannies..but not enough to basicly drive the car for you. It's a bit rough around the edges..but that's what makes it enjoyable

12. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I tend to agree- While I dearly love my 458 Spider which is sick fast, refined and has all sorts of amazing tech I admit I enjoy driving my much slower- much more crude- much less tech 355 GTS a bit more :cool:

13. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Agree. The underlying theme, though, is that a lot of us cherish the cars from 20-30 years ago. Given a bottomless checkbook and infinite garage space, I don’t think I’d bother with new car showrooms.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

sca037, willrace, red27 and 1 other person like this.