Ask a guy at Singapore F-1 GP**Spoilers** | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ask a guy at Singapore F-1 GP**Spoilers**

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheMayor, Sep 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sareve

Sareve F1 Rookie

Oct 23, 2007
    Singapore/Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    No, I find it difficult to believe that it's "sold out".

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #27 TheMayor, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well, there are huge crowds here both inside and off the track. Here's turn one and also a mall exhibit in my hotel about an hour before qualifying.

BTW: The Ferrari F1 car you see here is a fake/mock up. I've seen it before on display at the Hong Kong airport. It's pretty convincing though.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Dipsomaniac

Dipsomaniac F1 Veteran

Mar 23, 2006
    Doha/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Derek K
    you must have been directly below me .. I was in the turn one sky suite .. and will be there race night as well.

4. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Don't know about the drivers, but I've been told Flavio smells like a combination of Drakkar, overpriced floozies and greased palms. :eek:

5. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I wish I could go to my local mall and see even a high quality fake like this. American mallgoers would rather see a NEKCAR. :eek:

6. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Was that your flat red F430 spider in the parking lot of the mall near the Pan Pacific?

7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Glad to see you got the camera working there. Neat pictures, thanks! Looks like you are very close to the action.
    CH

8. URY914

URY914 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Temple Terrace FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Are there support races before the F1 race or is the big show the only race of the day?

9. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Before. It's pretty hot but I went to most of them so far. They have a Porsche club race, a Formula BMW (actually 2 of them on two separate days) and an Aston Martin club race.

Yesterday a guy in a Formula BMW got punted from behind and did a complete 360 right in front of me. Everyone OK but it's kind of weird seeing a car bounce down the track. Compared to the F-1 cars, they look like go karts!

10. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Just 2 rows up. Actually, higher would have been better to avoid most of the fence. I have a better idea now and where to sit next time. I think Turn 2 grandstand would be the best as you can see right down the start/finish, turn 1, turn 2 (which is barely a turn) and turn 3 (which is pretty much a hairpin).

11. JCW

JCW Rookie

Sep 16, 2007
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Gyno
    BDelp,

I am from S'pore. I cannot see Michael Schumacher anywhere - has he given Singapore a miss again?

BTW, have you managed to date delectable Tamara Ecclestone yet?!

12. Dipsomaniac

Dipsomaniac F1 Veteran

Mar 23, 2006
    Doha/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Derek K
    #37 Dipsomaniac, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
    yes sir :D what do you think of it?

I plan to park around the same place today .. I'll PM you my cell & maybe we can catch up at the track.

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I heard Lindsay Lohen was at the concert last night. Damn I missed out! Too tired!!

14. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    #39 SPEEDCORE, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    It certainly was attracting a lot of attention! I had to fight my way through the people taking pictures of it. I had a feeling it was yours. I saw a picture of it before that you posted. Looks a lot better in person than the photos. In the photos, it looks like a car that needs a waxing. But, in person, it's much more interesting. It looks like it was difficult to do. The finish is perfect as far as I could see.

How the heck do you drive it here? In LV, I can let mine loose once in a while. I can't see how anyone can do that here (or Hong Kong for that matter).