Asseto fiorano pack | FerrariChat

Asseto fiorano pack

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Kabbs, Nov 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kabbs

Kabbs Rookie

Jul 27, 2020
    I saw the first car being delivered with the asseto fiorano pack. And it didn’t not have the stripe but had the wing ? I thought you would have to have the stripe too ? Anyone know anything about this.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

elmadi likes this.
  2. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I don't know, but imagine you pay for the stripe if you want it, a la Pista and all of the VS cars that typically have stripes. They aren't no cost options.

elmadi likes this.
  3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Stripe is not obligatory. You can opt not to have it. Our fellow SF90 curator Caeruleus11 has his SF90 AF configured without stripe.

elmadi, technom3, Caeruleus11 and 2 others like this.
  4. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Absolutely correct. I have a customer who is going with the Assetto Fiorano package but passed on the stripe. He just wasn't a fan of it. I am excited to share his build with the forum once it arrives.

elmadi, Avia11, jm2 and 5 others like this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Looking forward to see it.

Was told back in Feb at the Atelier that quite a few of the AF cars were configured without the stripe. Even if I had configured AF, I would have opted out of the stripe too - or chosen personalized stripe.

elmadi and Caeruleus11 like this.
  6. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    I have the AF pack without the stripe, if it were compulsory with the pack to have the nose cone stripped I would’ve opted out of the pack and possibly out of the purchase all together.

7. Kabbs

Kabbs Rookie

Jul 27, 2020
    My dealer in the uk told me stripe is obligatory on the AF pack which is why I didn’t choose it also another thing was the suspension lifter.
    This is annoying after hearing it’s not obligatory.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

elmadi likes this.
  8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Is your car Red 10? If not, ask your dealer to change if you want to do so. Also remember that while you cannot have the lifter, you also lose bumpy road mode. I would dread that thinking of UK road conditions.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    #9 hagen111, Nov 8, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    The stripe is an extra, but only available in combination with AF package, I was told.

Looking at pricelist now:
    Fiorano package xxx EUR
    Two tone livery (only in combi with FIO) xxx EUR

Caeruleus11 and F142George like this.
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Yep. Looks like Kabbs' dealer was trying to make a little extra on the side.

Caeruleus11 and Kabbs like this.
  11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    What dealership do you use?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. Kabbs

Kabbs Rookie

Jul 27, 2020
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  13. Jim Smith

Jim Smith Rookie

Jan 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    My dealer said that all of their orders with the AF pack so far are not doing the stripe. They currently now have one considering it. I ordered my car with the AF pack and I also did not order the stripe.

MrFloppi and Caeruleus11 like this.
  14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Sent an email to my dealer rep earlier and asked that very question. No stripes on any SF90.

That stripe is a total flop it would seem.

15. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
    The stripe is an additional option which has to be added to the AF package like it has always been. AF also only includes additional carbon parts on the inside. On the exterior, you still have to order all the carbon separately except for the rear spoiler as well as all the regular parts on the interior like front center console, door inserts, dash inserts, rear wall etc. Lots of options to design the car.

elmadi likes this.
  16. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I ordered AF pack and the stripe. I was initially in two minds about it. Mostly because of the eye-watering price for a stripe. Not sure how future Ferrari looks with regard to which models that I will want, so possibility of near-term (less than 2 years) resale is a consideration. Figured that I wanted AF pack because I liked the look of the standard car much less and I was interested in the new dampers, plus, I normally tick the most aggressive boxes. Lack of lift doesn’t put me off - if you want the AF pack you can’t have it, so no impact on resale. Bumpy road mode is more of an issue but I have other cars. I figure that if you’re going for a 1,000hp car, practicality is probably not why you’re doing that!

So, arriving at AF pack, I’m already in with both feet. May as well choose the look I prefer. That price though, makes me think twice. But I’m still in, though it could prove expensive. Or...if few others choose it, maybe that might help me not lose all the extra cost in the used market if my car ends up there at some point.

elmadi, Caeruleus11 and hagen111 like this.
  17. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I also ordered the AF pack with the stripe. The striped car looked fantastic at the launch. The stripe really helps to differentiates it - although the front is a little unusual and takes some getting used to. I did not order the carbon wheels as I felt the other rims were much nicer looking and a heck of a lot less expensive (not to mention repairable). We shall see how compliant the Multimatic dampers are without bumpy mode - but Ferrari has gotten so good with its damping my Pista and 488 before blows away my daily M3 for comfort. They’ve really worked out that a good handling car should be more compliant.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Lucky, could you perhaps detail what the exterior difference is between an SF90 with AF and one without? Aside from the rear CF spoiler, what are the exterior differences if the non-AF car has all exterior CF options? Aside from the CF rear spoiler, I recall the side skirts, front splitter, and diffuser etc. being the same.

19. macherie3622

macherie3622 Karting

Apr 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    J50 Master
    AF package is much difference than normal one.

Especially, stripes and rear spoiler.
    But there are some changes too,

Carbon body under panel, titanium springs,
    suspensions, titanium exhaust systems, interior door panels , carbon interior center tunnel, etc...

So, I think that there is some differences of exhausts sound between AF and Normal one.

elmadi and Caeruleus11 like this.
  20. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm not talking mechanical stuff or the stripe. If you look at two cars, one AF and the other non-AF, but both the same colours and both without stripe. What exterior visual features aside from the rear spoiler are different if the non-AF car has every exterior option? From what I can tell, the only difference is the wing.
    The CF pan, springs and exhaust are not visible.

As far as interior goes, the AF car basically comes with a complete CF pack as standard, but all the same AF CF interior bits are options on non-AF cars.

My point is that from a visual standpoint, I can't find any difference visually, other than the wing if both cars have every CF option and no stripe.

Tommy Boy and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    But the wing and CF rear deck makes a big difference visually

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  22. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
    That actually isn’t the case.

Carbon-wise AF exclusively includes on the inside:
    door panels, door handles, upper rear wall, rear center tunnel, inner stills.
    On the outside: rear wing, underbody.

You still have to order all regular carbon parts on both versions separately:

Inside: steering wheel + paddles, door inserts, dash inserts, upper dash inserts, upper rear wall, front center tunnel.
    outside: front spoiler, front wings, diffusor, side air intakes, side skirts, upper parts of the boot, engine bay, engine air intake covers.

Visible differences on the outside are the visible carbon wing + Lexan engine bay window.

elmadi, bearmdjd and Caeruleus11 like this.
  23. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    No lift on AF pack was a deal killer.

pcht5, RumorDude and Gcsdave like this.
  24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Same + no bumpy road mode.

I just don't get the lack of lift. It ads less than 7 kg of sprung mass.

25. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Sorry for late reply. I know others have answered this in more detail but for me, my mind was made up at the launch. They showed a red standard car with silver wheels and a grey AF car with stripe and carbon/dark wheels. The only real shape difference is the rear spoiler but that really makes a big change, especially when combined with the (too expensive) stripe, which can only be ordered on the AF pack. You can obviously order the dark wheels on the standard car but in general, the rear with the added carbon, spoiler and stripe just looks so much more mean. Small differences but big effect. No doubt we’re talking percentages here and the basic car still looks good to me, just not as. Comparing an AF pack without stripe to a standard car with black wheels might be a much closer thing. But I have stayed with the stripe and that, combined with the added carbon and spoiler, really makes the car look aggressive - more my idea of what I want a very expensive 1,000hp car to be. No wrong decisions though.

Caeruleus11 likes this.