Assistance with drained battery issues | FerrariChat

Assistance with drained battery issues

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by cesman, Feb 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I appear to have left my car in the garage connected to the battery tender but with the Park lights accidentally switched on (this annoyingly happens often as my knee knocks the light switch when exiting). The tender was showing a red light.

I switched the lights back to auto and reset the tender. The car has now charger to 3 orange lights on the tender and the car will start and run normally. However 2 things don't appear to work:

1. the windows don't drop and rise when opening/closing the doors and the windows don't work at all from the inside of the car
    2. the boot release doesn't work from the keyfob (but does work from the switch on the driver's door)

Is there any way to "reset" this - or will it come right when the battery is fully charged?

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Did you try to unlock /lock / unlock from the remote control? that's what is advised when having disconnected and reconnected the battery, having it discharged might be the same.

3. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Lock/unlock works fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    It’s actually only the windows that aren’t working. Boot release does work, I was incorrect. I think I’ll let it charge up fully and see what happens. Only half the lights on the tender are illuminated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Lower the windows completely, disconnect minus pole of batteryfor few mins.

Connect again, wait 2 mins. Use remote to open / close a door and try raising the windows.

If not working, most prably you need a new battery. Do not start car for 10 mins as the ECU hs to reboot/reset.

Read my thread Yolo ...

Let us know the result please.

6. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Any luck ?