Aston Martin DB12 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Aston Martin DB12

Discussion in 'British' started by Jonathan19, May 7, 2023.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I love it too but would u take it over 812? Or even Roma or portofino?

2. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    812 is almost double the price. DB12 is waaay better looking than Roma IMO and Portofino is a totally different type of car. IMHO, the DB12 is a gorgeous car and that used to mean something. I’m tired of trying to let new car designs “grow on me” because they’re hideous at first sight. Most of them are still hideous as time goes on just for the sake of new design. I agree that some things about it are slightly disappointing but I for one am very excited to see it in person.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Love it but hate the fact that it doesn't have the manual option..

4. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    I would take it over the current Ferrari lineup (allocation availability notwithstanding). I passed on the 812 GTS- Ferrari should have copied how Aston does convertibles. Those godawful buttresses on the GTS are just lobe hideous. And the vertical rear window - ugh.

If the DB12 were to have a V12 I’d consider it, even with the turbos. Until then my NA second Gen Vanquish will always have a spot next to my 812 SF.

haroonok likes this.
  5. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    Vanq and 550 for me.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

cb804, Rbwiii, plastique999 and 5 others like this.
  6. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave

Unpopular opinion, maybe it can keep going past 30k miles without $100k in service.

7. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    ???
    Ferrari has free service included w purchase and my biz partner had few am that had no trouble either.

8. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave

Free maintenance is not free service unless you purchase the expensive warranties, and you can only do that for so long. I don’t want to get into an argument about whether they take advantage of customers by gouging on major repairs and questionable quality. Maybe they all do. There’s a current and relevant topic on a California right now.

9. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    What does the group think pricing will be on db12?

similar to db11?

I’m curious what they will actually start selling for. Seemed db11 were discounted heavily

Robb

10. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    The base is 250k. The one I saw at a launch showroom was 325K with some good options.

They will be offering more DB12 models with higher prices. Suspect will include Volante and F1 badged models. Aston does a great job with their so called limited production models.

Robb likes this.
  11. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Definitely pricey with a likely huge depreciation hit. But great to order in your spec.

Robb

12. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    I love Aston and owned classic and modern ones over many years. They have great loyal car club too.

Seeing the DB12 in person is better than the photos.

Challenge with deprecation, it’s the very narrow market for interested pre-owned buyers. (Unlike Porsche, Ferrari). Easier to sell to Aston loyalist, but outside that community it an often a difficult sell.

Now for many of the Aston loyalists; Merc investment, now Geely investment, is hindering me from any new Aston purchase.

13. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Yeah, I forgot who said these to me, but 'twas sic: "You don't buy an Aston with your brain, you buy it with your heart." And "Lamborghinis and Ferraris may come and go, but once you have an Aston in your garage, you'll have another one in your garage before you die."

Both of those ring true.

ryalex and Rbwiii like this.
  14. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    I’d have a hard time spending $300k on these when you can get a nice Vanquish for $120-140k. You’d lose more than the vanquish entire value in depreciation within 3 years.

15. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    #40 Frank_C, Jun 15, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
    Yeah, once I stopped tracking, I decided to get rid of my GT3RS as I didn't need two weekend cars. I was looking real hard at the DB11 V12 at the time knowing it'd be the last (turbos notwithstanding) V12. Then almost speccd an F1 Vantage. Decided to wait out the DB12 and stumbled on a 2,800 mi Gen2 Vanquish and couldn't resist. My DD now.

Nothing like a pair of NA 12s.

Boomhauer, Roman456 and plastique999 like this.
  16. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  17. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Yes...AM seems to manage holding onto their classic design que's better than any manufacturer.

18. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Not over an 812, but absolutely over the little Ferraris.

Boomhauer likes this.
  19. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    What does the Vanquish have for tranny?

20. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    8 sp.

Just swapped out OEM wheels I got off eBay. Also deleted the secondary cats, which accentuate that glorious guttural growl the Vanqs are known for. By far and away the best sounding exhaust I've ever owned. Beat out the gen 1 Vanquish S I had. Best part is that it gets quiet while cruising. Modern V12 Ferraris just don't have a decent sounding exhaust- the only way to get it better results with an aftermarket exhaust results in a louder car. Too loud at speed.

Now the engine noise, specifically the induction of the F12 & 812 is to die for. Getting that exhaust deeper results in too much noise out the rear quieting the engine noise. But I digress......

I do like what they've done to the front of the DB12. I just wish they would have Astonized the rear more aggressively- not just giving it more hips. Pinching in the cabin and a duck tail or gen 2 wing would have made me salivate, despite it missing 4 cylinders.

PS Shameless plug. Apologies, just fkn love this car. Just put on a different set of OEM wheels. Like new, zero blemishes for $2700 (compared to $23K I was quoted from AM Houston):

21. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Hmmmm …this is interesting enough to sell my 2016 Vanquish Volante, it’s listed under “Other Cars”!

22. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan