Aston Martin Valhalla | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Aston Martin Valhalla

Discussion in 'British' started by Jonathan19, Jul 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mellow_Maranello

Mar 16, 2021
    Dallas / Orange County
    Full Name:
    Alistair
    I went to the Aston Newport dealer today to look at the Valhalla. It's a really striking car in person. In my eyes much more impressive looking than SF90 or Aventador. If they get it to work and it follows the traditional Aston Martin depreciation curve picking one of these up for half price in 3-4 years would be very tempting just on looks alone. Didn't get a look at the inside (sales people didn't think I looked like a potential customer which is fine as I just wanted to walk around the car for a few mins)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

BJK, ghibliman and F2003-GA like this.
  2. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Is that Chroma flair paint

Mellow_Maranello likes this.
  3. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    So here is the thing, they still want $200k deposit and another $200k when you spec the car. MSRP starts around $850k. I have a deposit in for my TM SF90 spider for $10k which will be close to the price of the Valhalla. The Valkyrie was delayed 3 years on top of the original 3 year wait.
    Those that had deposits for the Mercedes One in the U.S. I heard were not going to go forth because they weren’t going to crash test or federalize the car for the U.S.
    So I have some skepticism about the Valhalla. Aston is clearly not in good financial health to take a reasonable deposit. If they asked for a reasonable deposit, I’d be in 100%. But to tie up $400k for several years doesn’t make much sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sailfly, maxemus, Boomhauer and 3 others like this.
  4. Hexproject

Hexproject Rookie

Feb 14, 2015
    SF90 just doesn't look as good as the Valhalla...

I would not spend that kind of money to buy the SF90...

ghibliman likes this.
  5. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I will agree with you on the looks

6. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  7. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Hp wars are now totally absurd. who thinks over 1000 hp is a benefit to only 900?

Mellow_Maranello likes this.
  8. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I recently read great 8interview w lambo engineer who says hp and acceleration are totally irrelevant now that an ev minivan can do 2 sec zero 60. Need new parameters

BJK and F2003-GA like this.
  9. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Most folks buy these cars for bragging rights Whereas the focus should be driving experience

Boomhauer, rmolke85 and 95spiderman like this.
  10. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    This is EXACTLY why the GMA cars will be so important. Once they drop people will instantly say they are chasing the wrong formulas.

F2003-GA likes this.
  11. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Yes but I wish somebody would do a more attainable car 1.6M entry level is out of my league

12. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    yes they will be ultimate drivers with low weight, hi revs, etc but problem is they are end of the line for ice. regulations require ev and car companies want us to think 5000 lbs 2000 hp 2.0s 0-60 is what its all about

13. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    I was offered an allocation for racing the Aston GT4 in IMSA (and winning the Championship) but for all I know anyone can get an allocation... I'll probably buy it regardless to memorialize the championship.

Deliveries now slated for end of '23 or '24. MB V8, 1000 hp total. British Pound has taken a dive to USD, so the $800K price tag should now be all in max price.

14. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Congrats on winning IMSA, that’s awesome!

15. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    Thank you. Moving up to Weathertech for 2023, full season GTD in the new Porsche 992 GT3R. Looking forward to the Daytona 24.

Getting back to street cars... Porsche gave me an allocation for the new GT3RS as well (this and the Valhalla allocation came to me the same month) so I may have to sell one of my Fcars in the future to make some garage space.

I have zero idea if the the Valhalla will be a good investment car or not. Limited production Fcars are a no brainer if you can get one, but I know little about the Astons special cars. You would think the USD to Pound exchange rate would help given the 25% depreciation of the Pound. Would love to hear people with Aston knowledges thoughts...

plastique999 likes this.
  16. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I love Aston’s and have had several… but honestly, they seem to be in such financial strife that I don’t see any of their current cars worth holding value other than maybe the Valkyrie.

17. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    Thx. Actually I didnt know about their financial problems. AMR's support on track (both their car and the personnel have been excellent, quality and thorough). I thought they had been bought by Stroll and were doing fine but admittedly I dont pay attn to that.

I asked if I could get a Valkyrie allocation and they said it was long sold out but I might be able to get a Valkyrie AMR Pro. The AMR Pro is absolutely incredible, and even better looking and performing car, but the last thing I need is a car that can only drive on the track.

plastique999 likes this.
  18. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Great brand, people in Gaydon, owners and of course, the awesome design. Over many years owned Aston’s; one vintage, modern ones, including a rare newer Zagato. None were easy to sell at a fair price bc it’s a very
    niche market for predominately Aston enthusiasts. Unlike those that always chase for a Porsche, or Ferrari.

I think AML financials even got worse, once they went public.
    The stock is down ~80% this year.
    F1 team is also sucking enormous monies. What’s selling are the SUV’s.

That all said, it’s a great brand with hopes AML can recover, once again.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/jul/15/aston-martin-raises-650m-as-saudi-arabia-takes-a-stake

19. ghibliman

ghibliman Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2009
    IMO, this is the best looking car since the New Ford GT

plastique999 and F2003-GA like this.
  20. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    sounds like a commercial for the Valkyrie :confused: :rolleyes:

21. robcut1

robcut1 Karting

Dec 30, 2016
    Any thoughts regarding comparisons to SF90 XX?

plastique999 likes this.
  22. robcut1

robcut1 Karting

Dec 30, 2016