News

Atlanta area shows 9/24 weekend:

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    With the following three weekends having big-deal events (Petit Le Mans 10/1, Italian Car Day 10/8, EuroAutoFest 10/15), this weekend is full of smaller shows, and there is another chance to do back-to-back events, this time along the I-575 corridor:

First up is a show at the First Baptist Church in Woodstock, on GA-92 east of I-575, from 8 AM to 4 PM. They say it's the 8th annual show, so it should run smoothly. Professional judging by the same folks who awarded me a trophy at McCollum Field. http://www.fbcw.org/Special_Events/CarShow2005/default.html

Following this is the monthly "cruise-in" at the Sonic Drive-In on Riverstone Pkwy just up the road in Canton. Apparently it starts at 6 PM?

Another Saturday option is the Jaguar Concours d'Elegance at Chateau Elan in Braselton from 9 AM to 3 PM. Free admission to the public.

Yet another show is at McEver Elementary School on Montgomery Drive in Gainesville. The car show is 11 AM to 2:30 PM, followed by a "Fall Festival" until 7 PM.

Then for a rare Sunday show, this time at the Roadhouse Grill on Barrett Pkwy in Kennesaw, from 12 PM to 5 PM.

Plenty of options here. Pick one (or more) and go!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. masermartin

masermartin Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Thanks for the info Jim

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    A correction on the location of the Sonic in Canton: it's on Marietta Hwy (GA-140) on the south end of town, accessible via I-575 exit 16.