Atlanta Italian Car Day Show OCT.12 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Atlanta Italian Car Day Show OCT.12

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by jeffdavison, Sep 9, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #26 Patek, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Once again, for someone who does not get up before noon, I left Hiawassee at 5 AM, got to the Italian Car Day at 7AM. I guess the only thing I get up for is car functions.
    Here are some "Early" shots of the sun climbing in the sky to set up a perfect day.
    John Put me to work checking the cars in, must have been what made the line so long. But, I don't think so, just everyone arrived at the same time. Next year we will have to have them sign from say 7:30am to 9am, then you can choose your time, and I guess most will still arrive at 9am.

So we had a great time. Ended up at the Mall of Georgia, I will never go there again, for the pre party for the Petite LeMans. It was great because just the Porsche Safety cars were there. No race cars. So I went to the book store and bought magazines.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #27 Patek, Oct 13, 2013
    I wonder who got this collector item. Of the 100 plus posters given out, only one was singed by Enzo. Crazy how that stuff happens, magic moments for sure.
    I would imagine we will see it on Ebay for $100,000 .

3. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    Those Fiats look amazing

4. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    John, thanks for your hard work again. Much appreciated! I was parked right next to you there, had no idea you were there so early!

5. grngryoutmyway

grngryoutmyway Karting

Nov 4, 2011
    #30 grngryoutmyway, Oct 13, 2013
    By the time I got there the crowds had already gathered, so it was hard to get some good pictures. I've attached a few cars I got which didn't see posted though. Great turn out this year, a lot more people than I remembered. I pulled in at just the right time and got to get a quick candid shot with the one car I was hoping to see next to my red neck hot rod before they made it up to the show parking area. Some of my family was coming over to watch the game so I couldn't stay long, but I could have spent the whole afternoon there. Thanks to those that brought these great cars out and the CT owner who was nice enough to chat for a bit with me. Good showing this year for sure.

6. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    Does that Camaro have an Italian V12?

7. grngryoutmyway

grngryoutmyway Karting

Nov 4, 2011
    #32 grngryoutmyway, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    No, four meatballs and some marinara short of it. She will have an Italian stable mate at some point. Was hoping for a CT, but if pricing keep rising quicker than my pay check the cards won't be there. We will see though
    IROC- Italian Redneck Out Cruisin :)

The CT was down the hill in general parking for the park when I got there. There was a spot next to it so I parked and was able to grab a couple shots before he moved it. Just thought I would share, made my day.

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #33 Gatorrari, Oct 13, 2013
    While sitting by my car, a father and son happened by wearing identical shirts. Naturally I couldn't resist taking a photo of the kid standing next to my highly appropriate license plate!

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #34 Gatorrari, Oct 13, 2013
    By the way, of the cars posted already, the red 458 spider won the Ferrari class, the green Aventador won for Lamborghini, the silver Mistral spider won for Maserati, the grey Giulietta spider won for best Alfa and the Ghia won for "Other".

Here's my second set. The Moto Guzzi was one of only two motorcycles present. It's amazing that for a show that started as a Pantera gathering, there were only 3 on hand. And that Urracco never quite photographs correctly; it always looks too blue. It's an amazing color; I guess you'll have to see it in person.

When I walked downtown, I was waiting for Paizano's to open when the H1 Hummer went by, followed by another Alfa Montreal that hadn't been at the show; it had been sitting in a lot alongside the street with a "for sale" sign on it.

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    John, thanks for your work. I think that you post more "pre-dawn" photos on this forum than anyone else!

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #36 Gatorrari, Oct 13, 2013
    Here's my last batch of photos. As you can see, toward the end I was seeing what the cars looked like from head-on; did you ever notice how angry an Alfa Romeo Montreal looks from this angle? :D

I headed over to Landmark Fiat afterwards for their finger foods and a look at their cars. I hadn't realized just how large the new 500L is, especially in height. And its final assembly is in.....Serbia!

Then I backtracked and decided to have dinner with our former host, Kurt, out in Duluth. I got there way early and sat in front of the restaurant reading Gerald Roush's book until it was time to come in and dine. Kurt was naturally curious about how the day went; I don't think he misses the work of hosting ICD, but I suppose he misses the customers! Actually, by the time I left, the place was full; looking at the parking lot, it's a good idea that the little shopping center he's in is otherwise vacant. I hope that some of you ICD veterans eat at Kurt's on occasion; he's been a good friend to us and his sauerbraten has gotten good enough that I don't have to think about going to Huntsville anymore! His website is European Bistro | Duluth, GA.

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #37 Gatorrari, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    To close my contribution, I just want to thank John Montgomery for all the hard work he obviously has to put in to host Italian Car Day; somehow I'm not sure it would still happen if he wasn't so dedicated to it. And thanks to all the others who assisted, including our own John Denton and Jeff Davison. Hopefully we'll be able to do it all again (with the help of Mother Nature) in 2014.

P.S. You can see John in the last photo immediately above, in the background in a red shirt, holding a microphone.

13. F355Bvc

F355Bvc Formula 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Lawrenceville. GA
    Full Name:
    Vince Canipelli
    Thanks for the Great pictures , Jim !!!!

14. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Jim's comment is that there was a very enthusiastic crowd in attendance. It was great to see the exhibitors having so much fun. Great group of cars and a perfect day. Thanks John and Jeff for making this happen again this year. You guys do a fantastic job. Jim, as always great pics.

15. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Really great show! Always nice to see everyone. Sorry I was only there for a brief visit, I had my two boys in tow and they were getting tired. GREAT Job John Montgomery and all!

16. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Great show, glad I drove for this one. Thanks to all that worked hard putting it on.
    Thanks for the great pics Jim as always.

17. 308inatl

308inatl Karting
    BANNED

Aug 24, 2006
    My 430 S finished second. Very exciting. It somehow evaded Jim's camera...

Jeff

18. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    What about the 550 that got 3rd!! loved all the "vote for me" cards on the car, very strategic, and it worked!! LOL!!

19. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Yes that was John Denton's 550 with the Vote For Me cards, what a great idea! My two boys liked the models John had in front of his car. Congrats on the 3rd place!