Atlanta Spotters Thread | Page 199 | FerrariChat

Atlanta Spotters Thread

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Zupra, May 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClearFilm

ClearFilm Rookie

Apr 17, 2015
    #4951 ClearFilm, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    where who when did that on the wall ?

3. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Late post, but I saw a black F12 going up Peactree Industrial Blvd. on July 4th weekend... Bi tried to catch up, but he exited before I, and we were going to a friend's for dinner. Looked amazing out in the real world - it was my first time seeing one on the road...

4. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    black 355 in Johns Creek last Saturday afternoon.

5. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    red 458 with wheel chair sign hanging from rear view mirror.. bank of America , johns creek.

6. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    Aston Martin Rapide .. midtown yesterday

7. 4rextc

4rextc Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Madison, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Stratton Hicky
    #4957 4rextc, Sep 5, 2016
  8. RammJaeger

RammJaeger Karting

Jul 24, 2016
    Woodstock, GA
    The red 2000 360 was me. Also, anyone figure out if that 1961 California GT 250 (that is what the guy told me it was), is real or a repro? I noticed it looked like it had a little rust in the left front fender.

9. vee12

vee12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Les
    That's a Ferris Bueller special.....definitely a kit car.

10. 4rextc

4rextc Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Madison, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Stratton Hicky
    And, the Boxer next to your 360 was mine.

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I could have gone, but preferred to stay at home and watch the Italian GP instead.

12. RammJaeger

RammJaeger Karting

Jul 24, 2016
    Woodstock, GA
    Ah, it was nice to meet you Stratton! Very cool car you have.

13. janders82

janders82 Karting

Nov 26, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    #4964 janders82, Sep 5, 2016
  14. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    black 355 GTS Johns Creek last saturday. headed away from the British Car day .. ha

15. Imperial Stormtrooper

May 7, 2014
    Far, Far Away
    Full Name:
    George
    Red 328 GTS with University of Florida license plate holder, parked at Mt. Paran Walk strip mall (Sandy Springs) on Saturday 12:15pm... anybody's here?

16. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Twas not I.....

17. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    green Evora S,cumming yesterday evening

18. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    After returning to Marietta from Italian Car Day Saturday afternoon, I decided to stop at the Bruster's on Lower Roswell Road (just off the 120 loop) for some ice cream.

While sitting on a bench eating my sundae, I was surprised to see a red 488 go by on Lower Roswell. The driver obviously did not notice the 328 sitting in Bruster's parking lot!

19. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    To the California double parked in the handicap spot at la Fonda, enjoy your ticket I was happy to inform APD you most certainly were not disabled, learn how to park where you belong

20. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
    Anyone here have a red Stradale? Temp plate of some sort.

Saw you on Peachtree Industrial on Saturday.

I was testing the new Alpha and you were in lane next to me.

I was test new Apha on Saturday on Peachtree Industrial

21. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Dang nobody posts in here do they?

Just saw a black/yellow stripe 458 Speciale tracking at Road Atlanta this afternoon during Grid Life. Also saw a yellow 488 coupe leaving the paddock area.

22. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    this page is All Blather, NO pics... events depicted never happened.... these days it is impossible to have a phone that does not have a camera...use it or don't bother mentioning :=)

23. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    This was a bit of a surprise. On Saturday I drove my Honda to Anniston, AL for a plastic model show. When I returned mid-afternoon I parked the car in the garage and then walked to the mailbox, passing a couple of cars parked in the street, including an innocuous looking 2-door compact sedan with what I took to be a fake convertible top and a Germanic look about it. Without looking, I assumed it was an older model BMW and that probably would have been the end of it except for the wild graphics on it.

When I returned from the mailbox, I took another look at the graphics and realized it was an Opel Kadett GSi from about the mid-'90s, apparently a true cabriolet since that was the only notchback Kadett, and the only one styled by Bertone. Actually, it is probably really an Astra GSi, since G.M. had consolidated its European model names and was now using the Vauxhall model names. (Note that "Kadett" only appears on the painted on graphics and not on the car itself. What the graphics mean I have no idea; the car was a visitor, not seen before and may not be seen again.) Ironically, several years ago I photographed a visiting Lotus Exige parked in exactly the same place.

In the third photo you can barely see my Ferrari parked in the garage in the background; the fourth photo is a blowup of the third.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login