Atlanta Spotters Thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Atlanta Spotters Thread

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Zupra, May 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Yeah, saw the 355B at the track. Also drove up to the track with <removed> and his lovely azzuro 308 GTB, and then drove back home with a nice red 1988 Testarossa. Lots of great cars at the track yesterday, should be even better today, the weather man said the rain will hold off until later this evening.

2. 38 Off

38 Off Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Pace, FL
    Full Name:
    Phil Crain
    Curious--you mention 355b (after post on spider)--which one are you referring to?
    I was there in a black, parked with silver sun reflector in window, on Sat. There was one or two red 355's, and if my memory is correct, a 355 black spider. Not many 355's, a lot of 360's, quite a few 308/328. A grey/silver 355 challenge. And a red 512M that I would want if I had another garage slot to hold it.

3. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    Saw a silver 575 headed south on 400 at about 4:15 P.M. in the rain Monday afternoon of the 17th. First Ferrari I have seen in a while with tinted windows. I could not see the county it resides in due to the license plat bracket had CarTunes on it covering up the county. Anybody here at F-chat?

4. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    gawd i cant wait till my 308 arrives, i'll turn MYSELF in on the spotters thread. car was loaded today, no clue how long it will take to get here, i hope its before the damn trade summit thing we are having here. i am close to the airport ( work ) and thats where most of the activity will be at..... sheesh. there have been riots every year in every city they have had this in. time to start loading hi capacity magazines!!!

5. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    You suck. :) Saw a red 512TR yesterday morning on the way to work (that sounds so good). 14th street across from Bobby and Junes (great place to eat) parked in front of a detail place about 7am. Nice.

Mark

6. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah

grin...... car will be here wednesday or so...... Euro front & rear bumpers and euro valance are in the other master bedroom ( some car parts are too good for the garage!) rest of the parts are trickling in..... drool, i know its " just" a 308 to some, but dammit its MY FIRST!!!! :)

7. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Hey, I've had my 308 for more than 10 years now, and I *still* love driving it, cleaning it, and even just looking at it!

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    360 Modena, 365 Boxer, 275 GTS & a 275 GTB... i'm really getting to like Atlanta... :)

9. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Carb,

Where'd you see the 275's...?

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Oh, i forgot to mention the TR i saw on Saturday night...! i'm pretty sure it would be a show winner if it was ever entered...

i saw the 275s at some dude's house...

11. sirsomo

sirsomo Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    Atlanta/Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I was at a local lexus meet (www.seloc.net) Friday night on Piedmont Rd. in the Kroger shopping center near Peachtreee and saw a silver 360 spyder. I was wondering if anyone knew who it was? We tried to get him to come over and hang out, but he didnt stop.

12. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Titanium 550 at the same detail shop where I saw the 512TR last week. It's kind of an odd place for such cars, being on 14th street, but then this is a strange area. It went downhill bigtime in the 70s and when I was at Georgia Tech in the late 80s it was not a nice area at all. Now there's money coming in and you have rejuvenated old buildings with high-end office space, the big Southtrust building at 17th, new construction all along Marietta St. all next to lots of run down, ugly eyesores with dirty sidewalks, junkyards...an interesting area to work in, no doubt.

Mark

13. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    hee hee i spy a brown ferrari......................... grin :)

14. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    PICS!!! PICS!!!!!!!

wish I had that "this thread is worthless without pics" gif file. :D

Mark

15. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Last Wednesday in Tucker around 1:30pm at the intersection of Lavista Rd. and Northlake Pkwy I saw a red 308GTB. Looked extremely nice....

Today, Saturday 5/29, at about 2pm I was test driving my 911S here in Cumming on Holtzclaw Rd and ahead of me I spotted a red 360 spider. He was turning left onto Browns Bridge Rd off of Holtzclaw. Didnt get close enough to see details though.... good looking car!

Terry

16. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    lol, i posted a whole thread on my ferrari purchase in GFD, its buried now a day or so back. ill post a few pics , since ya asked, but i dont want to annoy anyone though!! :)

17. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    this is it as it sits in the garage, taken apart to fix a few things.

18. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Saturday 8:00 pm southbound 400 at winward--red Diablo at Mach .95 blows the doors off my Tahoe--hell it would have blown the doors of my 308 too--lol

19. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    How come I never see exotics in Cobb? This is not a poor county by any stretch, and yet in 7 years of living here, the only Ferrari I've seen in the county is......mine! (And that's been only in the last two months.)

20. pdiack

pdiack Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    Murcielago - black- Today around 2pm on McGinnis Ferry @ 141.

21. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Annoy? No way! :) Nice looking car in an unusual color. Let us know when you take her for a drive so we can meet up and really put you on the spotters thread!

Mark

22. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I live in Dunwoody (and there's lots of money here, too) but I haven't had a positive Ferrari sighting around here in a long time. I *think* I saw a Daytona a few months back, but I didn't get enough of a look to be sure. I used to see a red Mondial periodically, but no longer. Possibly, most of the F-cars around here are owned by the suburbanites living in some of the gated communities in Alpharetta, Duluth, North Fulton, etc.

23. formula1joe

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    How much are getting out in Cobb? If just the daily commute to work and to the grocery store, your chances do go down. Not trying to sound negative, but I spend alot of time in my cars, I mean alot. So I tend to see alot more then say my wife does who only soends a total of 3 hours in her car a week at the most.

I saw another red 308 at the Pauling/Cobb line on 120 last night and about fell out of my seat because as far as I knew i was the only 308 in Paulding.

24. whitlock

whitlock Karting

Mar 24, 2004
    ATL
    Full Name:
    Whitlock
    Silver Lotus Esprit parked in the valet at Phipps yesterday 6/2.

I've been in Atlanta about a week now and no F-car sightings yet..... do they really exist!?!?

25. formula1joe

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    They exist, but are elusive.