Atlanta Spotters Thread | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Atlanta Spotters Thread

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Zupra, May 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Black 355 Spider heading north on Hammond Road right past Perimeter Mall right at 7:00 pm. Solo driver with what looked like a shaved head. Loud exhaust note - Tubi, Capristo, perhaps? Couldn't catch the plates though.

Anyone here ?

2. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Red 246 heading north on 141/Peachtree industrial around 5:30 9/24.

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    How do you folks see these cars...? What am i doing wrong...?

4. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Carb,

I've only had half a dozen sightings around the Dunwoody area in a number of *years*. Two of them just happened to be within the past six months (and mentioned on this forum). Both times, I heard them before I saw them. Both coincidentally happened to be black 355s - one spider and one Berlinetta.

5. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i saw a 308 right before i left for California on 400 North; then, that same day, i saw a 328 that pulled into Ferrari of Atlanta... Other than that, i haven't seen anything else, save an NSX right on 78 in Gwinnett and a Lotus about half a mile from there...

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    As I've said before, in the 5-1/2 months I've been driving around greater Marietta, I have not seen any other F-cars!

7. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Well, at least i'm not the only one and now i know it's not some kind of conspiracy or anything... :)

8. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Carbon, with my job I am driving almost every day, so my odds are better than if I was in an office all day.

9. whitlock

whitlock Karting

Mar 24, 2004
    ATL
    Full Name:
    Whitlock
    yellow 550 at Frye's Electronics sept. 28th. beautiful 5-speed gathered a crowed for a little bit in the parking lot. just had ferrari of atlanta plate on the back...... no pics, but after i saw the car i went out and bought a camera phone! also saw a red 360 spyder last week passing by phipps.... another missed camera phone opprotunity...not anymore!!!

10. redjeeper

redjeeper Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Flowood, MS
    Full Name:
    Anthony Griffin
    I saw a black Gallardo with black rims at Lennox Square mall in the valet area about two months ago.

11. chrislamborghiniatlanta

chrislamborghiniatlanta Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    saw a red 360 syper on the back of a flat bed towtruck going down Holcomb Bridge Road last Friday. Coming home from the Petit that same day I followed a black 355 coupe down 85 south at about 90mph in a convertible M-3. And one of my customers friends had his yellow 355 spyder at the Petit where I had one of my Gallardos!

Chris

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I saw the 355 spyder - he was parked at the skidpad for awhile.

Was the Gallardo orange? That was the only Lamborghini I saw in the infield.

13. beezerhound69

beezerhound69 Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    Suwanee
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Chris,

the black F355B coming back from Petit Lemans on Friday was me. Too bad there was so much traffic. Was a beautiful day for a cruise. Incidentally, as you went by and I gave you the horn (at the Indian Trail exit), a big old tin can came bouncing across 85 and did a nice little number on my hood. Paint is all torn up.
    Sometime I'll stop by your store. Only a mile away from my house.

Tom

14. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    Yellow Gallardo, northbound on Northside Parkway a few thousand feet from West Paces Ferry Rd. Sunday around noon.

15. whitlock

whitlock Karting

Mar 24, 2004
    ATL
    Full Name:
    Whitlock
    black 328 off of Piedmont, in front of jason's deli 10/9

16. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    I saw a Rosso Fiorano Modena Spider in Athens traveling down Atlanta Highway. I turned around and followed it for a little while. It had Clarke County plates and turn into Jennings Mill? Anyone know him? Great looking car.

17. Zupra

Zupra F1 Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    St Louis
    Full Name:
    Chesney
    did you get the plate number?

18. racer x

racer x Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    JD
    Red 360 F1 w/ Red Calipers & Tubi in Buford @ South Lee St. and GA 20. This was at 2:30 today (Oct 12) in light rain.

You don't see too many Ferraris in the rain. I wonder if he planned it that way. Does anyone remember the rain at the Frank's church show three years ago? My eat-off-the-tires 328 was covered in mud from Windward Pkwy construction and was never the same again.

Delvac

19. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    JD, I do remember that down pour, what about the short one at ICD in...."02 or was it '03?

20. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    But, Vince in his then new 575m showed up in the rain and stayed for the entire show.

21. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Red 355 B on 400N (by Abernathy) on a flatbed heading north about 1:10. I was in an office bldg across the way, so I couldn't see any other details (plate, etc.) Maybe heading to FOA ?

22. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Black F355 Spider with top up northbound on North Point Road from Haynes Bridge to Windward ParkWay then east on Winward a few miles. around 4:30 this afternoon (Oct. 20). Driver was driving a bit distracted, yacking on his cell phone (must not have had a Tubi).

JD

23. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    Friend sent me this pic he took with his camera phone of a Jaguar XJ220 next to Riverwood HS (forget the name of the roads at the intersection). Quite a rare site, even has the euro tags still on it, crazy! He lives up the road there about 1/4 mile on the right in a private estate.

[​IMG]

24. masermartin

masermartin Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Driving down Holcomb Bridge yesterday afternoon, I saw a light metallic blue 360 spider and a also on Holcomb within an hour, a british racing green 550 maranello with the optional factory rims. Very good day, and to top it off I saw a brand new Lotus Elise (yellow) parked at Krogers (no tag) on Holcomb and I went to look at it and there was a little smoke coming from the hot exhaust. The smell of new metal getting a work out, it was certainly a good day.

25. beezerhound69

beezerhound69 Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    Suwanee
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Red 328 on Northbound entrance ramp of 400, exit 13. Nice day for a run towards the mtns!