ATTN:: Abandoned 360 Modena in Kansas City parking garage. Who's is it? | FerrariChat

ATTN:: Abandoned 360 Modena in Kansas City parking garage. Who's is it?

Discussion in '360/430' started by patina, Dec 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
    I just troll here but I thought I would let everyone know someone *might* be planning on stealing a 360 that he claims hasn't moved in years. It is located in a Kansas City parking garade with no plates and ALOT of dust. Personally, I think the car deserves to be stolen but who am I to say.

From: http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2940996 .

And the pics he posted...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. shredder66

shredder66 Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2006
    Melbourne/Singapore
    Wow... That is a very interesting situation. What I want to know though is how a Ferrari could just sit there for 2 years collecting dust without any security guards or anyone else taking notice of it and maybe contacting local authorities? The only way I think is if there is a valid reason why the owner has left the car there, so I guess then if anyone did 'steal' it they'd probably be put away for a long time
    If anyone does try and take the car away like the guy from that forum, who could he get to repair and fix up the car? Surely no dealers or mechanics are going to want to touch a car with such a shady and suspicious history to it?

3. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #3 PAP 348, Dec 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. crazynova23

crazynova23 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I know that here in Nevada, he could take it, leave it at his shop for 6 months, and if there are no stolen vehicle reports or claims on it, file a mechanics lien, and get a title to the car, because it has been "abandoned."

5. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    In Boston, there are many parking garages beneath the expensive hi-rise apartments downtown. I used to park in one when I worked downtown and 1/2 was public, the other 1/2 was for residents. You'd always see some real nice cars, and often cars with no plates that looked to have been there for a long time. I remember seeing a then brand new 911 Turbo that seems to have been parked with a few miles on it and was there a year later. Also saw a 355 that looked to be a race car - wasn't a challenge but had a roll bar, race tires and no plates and lots of dust.

This guy may be seeing a car in a similar place. Obviously someone owns the garage and apparently is OK with the car being there, or else it would have been towed. Seems like this scumbag is not the owner, but rather just figures it's been "abandoned" and is looking to steal it.

I hope someone knows where the garage is so that if a crime is committed, this guy can go away for a long long time.

6. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    FWIW,

There is a pretty prolific user on the internet that goes by "KANE699". He resides in Raytown, Missouri and was born on March 1st, 1985. He posts a lot on the Mustang forums.

So, I would be willing to guess that this car is located within a certain distance of Raytown, MO and if a red 360 goes missing, it would not be too hard to track our cultprit down.

7. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Don't touch it, it could be booby traped

8. Matt308

Matt308 Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2004
    CO
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Probably already stolen, joy-riden, and left in that garage. It needs to be reported to the police. If you take a Ferrari that doesn't belong to you, yes even a dusty one, bad things will happen... -m

9. I'm gone

I'm gone Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2006
    Phoenix,az
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I can't understand how someone would think thats accepptable to steal someone's car just because it has been sitting for awhile,I understand you feel a car of this caliber should be driven and stored,but are you serious?

10. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    wow, who would do such a thing as leave a ferrari untouched for 2 years, that itself should be a crime punishable by death.

11. QWKDTSN

QWKDTSN Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2006
    WA, USA
    Full Name:
    Steven Patch
    Let them know that FChat is aware of this post and we've got some good headhunters (Dr.S and company) who will take him down if he proceeds. :)

Cheers

12. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    +1... It probably was reported stolen 2 years ago and the poe-poes just never found it. If I was him I'd just call the police and let them know the situation, there might be a reward for it. If he just up and took it with a flatbed, then he could get caught and blamed for stealing it 2 years ago and having it all this time.

13. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If you can get the VIN# then you can trace the owner and the status of the car from the DMV or contact the local police dept. and ask if anyone reported a red 360 Ferrari before you do anything else.

14. chuckkegel@yahoo.com

Nov 28, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles R. Kegel
    Just fun to day dream-

I could be out the door with that car in 60 seconds -BUT -I am an honest fellow.

Just fun to play what if!

15. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Thanks to the OP for bringin this up. Nice of you to make us aware. I know I would want to know if someone was PLANNING on stealing my car.
    :)
    BT

16. Snapper323

Snapper323 Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2005
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    L. Lee
    I agree, but it still is a mystery. What F-car owner would leave a car unattended and uncovered in a public garage for several years?

17. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Some people really have that much money or they get busy and completely forget about the car? Or possibly even went to jail? Or they died? Or maybe it is really stolen, who knows. Get the VIN and the owner can be tracked down.

18. Snapper323

Snapper323 Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2005
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    L. Lee
    True, I want to see what happens with this mystery.

19. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Serial number...!

20. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

CHOP CHOP! :p:p

21. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Do you remember the movie "48 Hours" (Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte)???? It could be the exact same scenario like in the movie.... Luther (bad guy) was looking for his Porsche underground after a few years. LOL!

Just watch out for Billy Bear !!

22. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Sad story :( Poor 360

23. Dubai Vol

Dubai Vol Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    back in Dubai
    Full Name:
    Scot Danner
    [Luther]"I been BUSY!"

24. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It's got a legit Parking Pass right there on the windshield!

THAT's why it could park there without towing...I'd agree that no way will Security let a rollback hit that thing and run, unless a bribe changes hands.

Hard to say why it's there...as mentioned people die, go to jail, leave the country, etc.......

Dusty does not equal "free to good home" in my book! LOL!

25. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I say "no" on the stolen joy ride theory...

Too many cameras in most garages to risk it....

We find the stolen joy rides at the end of a country road, usually burned, to remove prints, with the body of someone's *****y gf in the trunk.....

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.