ATTN:: Abandoned 360 Modena in Kansas City parking garage. Who's is it? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

ATTN:: Abandoned 360 Modena in Kansas City parking garage. Who's is it?

Discussion in '360/430' started by patina, Dec 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sounds more like you're trying to figure out a way lay claim to the car, sort of like you just "found" it sitting there in the parking garage. Nice try.

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Welcome!.......you're welcome............sorry to hear about the divorce........and really sorry about the Hall's management! LOL!

ttyl............

The OP was not from THIS chat site, but another............;)

3. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's actually pretty good service from your site management....Mine left my car doors ajar, dash destroyed and ransacked for tools.....theft attempt..

Dial 1-800-Coverking!

4. jra85

jra85 Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Well I guess that settles that. :)

As a side note though, I don't think anybody that's posted in this thread threatened to steal the car...in fact I think just about everyone here shunned the idea. The original post concerning the car was not made on FerrariChat; it was simply forwarded here by someone who thought the people here should be aware...

5. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Howdy,

Welcome. It's actually a great community of wonderful people with big hearts and pure intention. Please don't allow an individual or two get to you.

I am an active member here and a close neighbor of yours (strangely, I, too used to live close to L.L and moved a few years ago a result of divorce). Take that beautiful car out and we will meet up for a Martini or two across the street at Kona or Capital G.

You have PM.

6. KANE699

KANE699 Rookie

Dec 18, 2006
    Well at least its owned, I was under info the car had been sitting there for about 2 years due to some one I work with who told me he had seen it every time he had been down there since he's worked on the plaza, in other words 2 years and he had never seen tags on it. My biggest feeling was maybe the owner had possibly passed on or maybe tryed some insurance scam, at least all is cleared up.

7. KANE699

KANE699 Rookie

Dec 18, 2006
    Sure I was looking for a way to acquire the car, I was under the assumption the owner might have passed on or god knows what, but I wrote the vin down so that I could find a way to find out who the owner is if there is one.

8. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    KANE699, 360s don't fall in people's laps for free in the real world. There is no free lunch . . . and to think otherwise is somewhat immature to tell you the truth.

I think a moderator should close this thread. At the very least, it's hurting this site's reputation.

9. 2car1guy

2car1guy Rookie

Dec 28, 2004
    Springfield Missouri
    Full Name:
    Chris Guyer
    POREILLY711 is a close friend of mine for many years now and he is a HUGE aficionado of Ferraris and would never "abandon" one. Like many Ferrari owners he has many successful business endeavors and is directly involved with them. This takes up a large percent of his time as well as trying to balance it with his personal life which is upside down at this time. I enjoy reading a lot of the forums and I know some are written tongue in cheek and have never taken offense but with all he is going through at this time he definitely didn't need another worry. I have never posted before and am sad that I had to respond to a post like this. BTW he is not laying claim to anything this is not his and would never do that.

10. KANE699

KANE699 Rookie

Dec 18, 2006
    Oh no kidding you don't say?

If the car was actually abandonded all I would of had to do is have the company who owns the building file for an abandonded car title and then I could proceed to buy it from them, no it wasn't going to be cheap but the investment would of been worth it.

11. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Welcome, Chris.......drop over by Wilhoit and wish Micheal a 'Merry Christmas'!

Tell him TWO owners of 308GTB 22127 yellow/black are hanging here...myself and Vern Cornell. He had the car from John Kane in Florida....

See?

Small Fcar world........

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Excuse me? The talk was on another OT site, if anything, the extra input on FerrariChat.com but some reason into the ridiculous idea posted elsewhere. I would be careful who you are putting down here, many are your fellow KC Ferrari owners. This case may need referral to the F.P.S. :D

13. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    Sorry, but it just strikes me as wrong that a guy with a nice car is going through hard times, and to top it off he has to deal with a bunch of hyenas trying to take advantage of a situation and aquire his car for nothing. There are plenty of these 360s available on the open market. If you must have one, by all means go out and buy one from a willing party. Its too bad this guy has to worry about parking his car in an open private garage, because someone thinks a dusty car is an invitation to take it for yourself.

14. KANE699

KANE699 Rookie

Dec 18, 2006
    When you have good authority that you believe the car is abandoned especially when its this type of car why not try and find out what the story is on it?

15. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    So, if you leave your girlfriend / wife / significant other alone at a bar for say, 20 minutes, maybe she is abandoned... and therefore fair game. If she / he is the equivalent of a "360", game on!

16. gblogger

gblogger Formula 3

May 2, 2004
    N.E. Florida
    Full Name:
    Gee Blogger

Because you have no vested interest in the matter. If it was abandoned, the garage/building's owners wouldn't wait for you to ask them to make a claim, they would have done it on there own because there would have been some back pay they would want, and they would sell it to someone else who would pay more than you. Endoubtedly your good authority is da shhiitttttzzzzzz.

17. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I just figured it out. Between this and Ferrlam I was wondering what was going on around here.

Schools out for Christmas.

Duh.

18. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No pics, no care

(The links in the first post don't work)

19. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    This Kane699 guy probably still believes in the Tooth Fairy and Santa, considers it was his lucky day and he found a free abandoned 360 Ferrari for the taking since no one wanted it.

Maybe someone else here has an old dirty Ferrari race car from the 60s sitting in their garage collecting dust and dirt free for the taking as well

20. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #120 DrStranglove, Dec 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You DID NOT HAVE GOOD AUTHORITY that it was abandoned!!!! And you must be a moron to think that you did!!

Good luck in prison!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Well said doc!

Mark

22. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    First of all, sorry to hear about problems in your personal life.

Second, hey buddy, back the truck up for a moment. A guy posted on this forum trying to PROTECT you because he saw someone on ANOTHER forum say he thought the car was abandoned and was thinking of stealing it.

The people on THIS forum figured out where the car was, who the owner was, and YOU were contacted before anything happened to your car.

Then, bafflingly, you come on the forum full of the people who alerted you to the fact that some guys on ANOTHER forum were talking about stealing your car, and say "get a life" and "it shows what kind of people are on this forum".

DUDE!

You ought to retract that statement and how about a thank-you for the members here who may have saved an additional downpour in your current stormy situation. Jeez buddy, we're trying to help here!

Anyway, I am glad you are allright and your car sees action.

23. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Everyone give him some room, he's BACKPEDDLING FAST. IMO you are an idiot and a lowlife scumbag. You posted that to "attract attention"??? Gee, how about the part where you said

there is a red 360 modena that has been sitting at the bottom of this parking garage for almost two years now, its completely covered in dust and has no tags, I've been considering for a little bit now of having a buddy with a flatbed come and get it and then maybe going from there.

I already know its illegal and mighty risky but would anyone else take that risk for the reward?

And now you say "ohh... ahhh... ummm.... I was just kidding guys".

Maybe you didnt have the balls to follow through with your plan, but your plan was NOT to contact the building to try to get some sort of abandonment title, it was to STEAL THE F-ING CAR and "go from there"... presumably part it out or somehow try to pull some title scam (like you put it somewhere 'safe' then report it abandoned). You were trying to STEAL from a guy who worked hard for this car and paid for it with his hard earned money.

Guys (of this forum) - why are you even discussing anything with this wannabe thief? He had no intention of doing anything other than what he said - STEAL the car. He said (AND I QUOTE) "I KNOW ITS ILLEGAL AND RISKY".

I hope if someone ever plans to steal my car that nobody will come along later and presume he was just messing around.

And since we know where the car is located, why isn't someone contacting the police in that jurisdiction? Isn't conspiracy to commit a felony a felony in itself? So this KANE699 guy *has* in fact committed a felony, has he not? Now, maybe the cops do not want to pursue the matter, but from what I see, has he not committed a felony???

24. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #124 DrStranglove, Dec 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Hard to argue... Ok, IMPOSABLE to argue with any of that.

Well said.

Kane, you belong in jail.

Oh and take this with you, to remind you that you are....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Snapper323

Snapper323 Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2005
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    L. Lee
    If his garage has that good of security, how was someone able to ride up on his car, get out and take photographs? Should not the security there have stopped and questioned the photographer? They have to have security cameras, right? It is a private garage, I would have been more angry at my security than anyone on F-chat!