ATTN:: Abandoned 360 Modena in Kansas City parking garage. Who's is it? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

ATTN:: Abandoned 360 Modena in Kansas City parking garage. Who's is it?

Discussion in '360/430' started by patina, Dec 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. poreilly711

poreilly711 Rookie

Dec 19, 2006
    I was caught off guard today by the phone call from my apartment manager telling me of the discussion on this chat site about stealing my car. I scanned the thread and saw several of the e-mails discussing stealing it and the outrageous statements about it being abandoned and there for 2 years and I quickly posted. I already have been a little paranoid about keeping it in the garage, but have not had time to find a place for it and my other cars. Anyway, not the best entry into this forum, but I appreciate those of you that seem to be on the up and up and for those trying to help. I would like to connect with any KC area Ferrari owners, I have e-mailed the people on the KC Ferrari club and have not ever gotten a response.

The Plaza security is aware of this and has assured me they are paying special attention to my car.

2. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    So.... when things are stolen its the fault of the property owner for not securing them better?

I don't think anyone on f-chat deserves any blame, you're right, but I'm not sure if the stated meaning of "private garage" is different than I'm thinking. I would think of some personal secured location but it could just as easily be like in Boston - half is public, half is reserved. They don't check ID to let you push "2" on the elevator, they just check when you leave... so the fact that this wanabe thief saw the car isn't necessarily any incrimination on the security at the garage. My .02 anyway

3. gblogger

gblogger Formula 3

May 2, 2004
    N.E. Florida
    Full Name:
    Gee Blogger

Another tenant, an employee, a service provider........... It is not a private garage, it is a garage at a building.

4. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

Don’t sweat it bro. I am sure had I been in your shoes I would have been thrown off, and pissed!, about this ****e as well.

Look around the forum and there is a Mid-West section. You should post there about any events in your area as I am sure they would love to have you.

I am only sorry we have not gotten a hard id on the troll that was eyeing your car. He, and his buddy that told him about your f360 in the first place deserve to be in jail. And at the least his buddy needs to be fired from whatever job lets him into your garage!

5. jsnazzy

jsnazzy Karting

Oct 16, 2006
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Glad to hear the 360 is safe :)

6. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I park in the same building, on the same floor, and love the fact that you keep your car there. I drive a nice car myself considering my age...but when I drive past your car on my way to work in the morning it is a great reminder to keep my nose to the ground, work hard, and follow my dreams. And I definitely keep tabs on it and would go out of my way to say something (IE beat the ****) out of someone messing with it. I work hard for my things and have absolutely no sympathy for those trying to deface or steal what someone else worked hard for.

That said, I think the power of the people and members of this forum are strong and they were doing you a huge favor. I just hope you had been able to come on here under better/recreational circumstances. Good luck, and lets go out and I'll buy you a drink sometime so that you can have a few hours away from your problems. Cheers.

7. Snapper323

Snapper323 Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2005
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    L. Lee
    That's not what I was saying...I was under an impression that the garage is solely private, meaning no other entry except for residents of the building, and that who was able to take photographs without being noticed. I am glad to see that the garage is going to step up security for him. You should be able to have your property in any manner that you desire to keep it. Theft is wrong no matter what conditions it is under. I truly believe this thread foiled a car theft, and perhaps it is being more deeply investigated. To my understanding, those pics did originally appear on another fourm with someone's desire to steal it. We did good with this thread!

8. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Ah, sorry, I misunderstood then.

I agree 100% with the part in bold at the end. Now, if only the car owner felt the same way :D

9. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    #134 GrigioGuy, Dec 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. gblogger

gblogger Formula 3

May 2, 2004
    N.E. Florida
    Full Name:
    Gee Blogger
    #135 gblogger, Dec 19, 2006
  11. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Is he flashing some sort of gang sign, a crippling arthritic hand condition, or is he displaying the IQ of a would be car thief who broadcasts his intentions across internet bulletin boards?

12. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #137 DrStranglove, Dec 19, 2006
  13. Snapper323

Snapper323 Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2005
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    L. Lee
  14. FERRARIHOME

FERRARIHOME Karting

Jan 1, 2006
    OAHU HAWAII
    Full Name:
    FERRARIHOME
    #139 FERRARIHOME, Dec 19, 2006
  15. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    HAHA on the doofus with the busted up Civic^^^^.

16. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

17. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    His "emo ***" myspace page is festive.

18. I don't understand why people feel the need to steal or deceive others. It really is a shame that we live in such a world where people prey on others in an effort to better themselves. It happens at every level of society...from the poverty stricken to the wealthy CEO's. It doesn't matter your social status...some people are just malicious.

Honesty and integrity prevail in the end. It always does. And those who cause harm usually get whatever it is that they deserve.

19. Minch00

Minch00 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Brandon McDonald
    I particularly love the picture of him hanging out of a window on the interstate. I wish we had such fun activities in my group of friends.

20. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    He could have fallen out and saved us all a lot of time.....

(Not that I would want anyone to get hurt.)

21. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #146 DrStranglove, Dec 19, 2006
  22. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    His friends can't even spell properly. Why is it that people can't use "your" and "you're" properly?????

23. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    I guess you have to give an example of the difference between the two. Imagine you're in an acting class and your written acting assignment is "Show us you're nuts". But you don't know the difference between that and "Show us your nuts".

It is the same problem with "affect" and "effect".
    And when to say "fewer" or "less".

And almost no one can spell "definitely" correctly.

Granted, people write quickly on forums and blogs, so a certain number of errors are to be expected.

24. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    geez when someone is that much of a wanker shouldn't a friend or family member have the good sense to tell him that he is a twit?? Why is it left to us all the time?? Next thing Kane is going to become a Broaker....

Gentry Broker

Naah just crushed her

25. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    1) You can bet on good authority the owner of the garage knows exactly who owns it, and why it is there.

2) The car may be safer there than anywhere else in the area.

3) Just because someone SAYS it's in KC doesn't mean it IS in KC... (just throwing that out as an option).