ATTN:: Abandoned 360 Modena in Kansas City parking garage. Who's is it? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

ATTN:: Abandoned 360 Modena in Kansas City parking garage. Who's is it?

Discussion in '360/430' started by patina, Dec 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    You didnt read this thread either, huh?

2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Can someone explain this hair style to me?

It looks like he shoved his head up some one else's ass.

3. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #178 bill365, Dec 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

From all indications, it would seem he spends most days with his head in his own ass !!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    I think in the one pic he was trying to count how many stickers he has on his car on his fingers and got messed up somehow, either that or haw many times he's been thrown in jail

5. londonferrari612

Dec 6, 2006
    California
    Mabye just mabye, and I mean mabye, the owner died. Just throwing something out there.

6. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
  7. MaleficVTwin

MaleficVTwin F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2006
    Reno NV
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Actually, the owner has been posting in this very thread! I have found that reading more than the first few posts of a multipage thread before replying is a good thing. Just throwing that out there. :D

8. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Join the line of people that posted with out reading.

9. ROLOcr

ROLOcr Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Costa Rica
    Full Name:
    ROLO
    heyy nice pic of my dog, he just ate the bumper of my range rover LOL damm dog!

10. staylor

staylor Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2006
    Sydney/London
    Full Name:
    Scott
    +1 :D:D:D

11. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    The 360 is now at Rosso Motorsports.

The car is being treated to a detail and nice coat of Zymol for the new year.

The owner is an avid Ferrari collector and a very nice gentleman, I look forward to spending more time with him in the future.

You will be seeing this Ferrari at local FCA Events in KC the near future.

Chris Parr
    Rosso Motorsports

12. wrecktech

wrecktech Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Welcome to the forum poreilly711. The people on here take care of their own and send the others away pretty quickly. Several must have been Private Investigators in a past life as they cut through the BS pretty fast. I will hazard a guess that 4 or 5 of the posters on this thread will not be around much longer.

13. robin's308

robin's308 Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    John
    great thread, just got done reading everything....kane699 is a idiot.

14. Ecnal

Ecnal Karting

Jun 28, 2004
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Ecnal
    I don't know Kane99 and will not vouch for him, but every car guy dreams of finding a ferrari in a barn, maybe his post was just a twist on that. Wouldn't finding a (truly and legally) abandoned Fcar be cool?

This also reminded me of a story I read about a multi million dollar yacht in Florida that got stranded and how the owner is living in it to fend off pirates.

15. robin's308

robin's308 Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    John
    no doubt it would be very cool, he said he was going to get a flatbed and tow it out of there first and then find out who the owner was....

16. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    #191 Horsefly, Jan 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Back in port, safe and sound.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. ZR1

ZR1 Karting

Dec 23, 2006
    USA
    Jay Leno was on SpeedTV a couple years ago, and he was at a farm to show people where he found a stash of cars. Some guy who had money in the 40's, 50's, and 60's collected a bunch of really nice sports cars. Sometime in the 60's he went broke and covered them all up. Not even his son knew about all the cars. Once the guy died, the family went to the barn to go through his stuff and found a bunch of mint cars with next to no miles on them. Jay Leno ended up buying a bunch of them.

One of the cars was an old steam engine. It was tons of fun watching Leno try to start the car. He had to light a small fire to warm up the oil, then the car nearly caught on fire under the hood and started smoking up the whole garage (where Leno had about another 30 cars). Finally Leno got it running and took it for a spin with a bald guy. The horn was a steam whisle. It did not look that stable for a car to run at 50mph. But it looked fun!! And before Leno parked it back in the garage, he had to let out all the steam. LOL, it must have been a chore to drive back then.

18. ZR1

ZR1 Karting

Dec 23, 2006
    USA
    Watch Master Minds on TV. It is all about the greatest robberies of all time. One episode was about an ex-intelligence officer from China. He worked over NYC stealing Ferrari's, BMW's and other exotic cars. He then shipped them back to China where the cars sold for double the USA sticker price. He made over 40 million dollars in 10 years. And the whole time he drove a beat up used toyota that dripped oil.

The reason I remember the episode is because you mentioned "cooling off". I had no idea what that meant until they said he liked to park cars for a week to see if the police would come looking or if the car had LoJack. One of the cars they showed him loading for transport was a Ferrari 328.

One of the other genius moves this guy did was have the stolen car make a bunch of right turns. Meanwhile, another intel car would be circling in the opposite direction to see if the stolen car was followed. After he was confident the car was not followed, he would have it driven into his warehouse to be prepared for shipping to China.

19. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    This is completely off topic, but...

If I remember correctly, he drove a highly customized BMW. Maybe he had the Toyota before the BMW. I remember they made a big deal about the BMW, comparing it to something out of a James Bond Movie.

20. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Actually, cars DO fall in peoples laps for free. Thinking they never do is ignoring the unusual situations of life.

I know of someone in New York that owns several rental homes and had the son of a wealthy Japanese businessman rent from him. The kid went to college at a large school there and when he moved in bought a new Honda Prelude and a new Audi and all sorts of super high end clothes and electronics. One day the kid just moved out. Gone. No notice. Left EVERYTHING there. The keys were in the ignition of one of the cars, and the other car had the keys inside the house. He took nothing with him. Searching though the jackets and other stuff yielded several thousand dollars in cash that the kid had just stuffed in there. When he moved he did not care about his stuff because he had enough money not to care. Result was the home owner got EVERYTHING, including the cars, for FREE!!

See....it is unusual, but it does happen. That was not the first time I have spoken with someone with a story of cars and belonging left behind.

21. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ..one time our renter left a big fur ball of cat hair.......:rolleyes:

The City of Houston issued a citation to the empty lot where I tossed her furniture....

22. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    alan,

you are killing me...... :D :D

23. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    All my stories are true,....only the oil was changed....to protect the pistons....

Did you hook up with this cat and get him some Griot's Garage Speed Shine and a car cover?

1-800-Coverking makes a nice one!

;)

24. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    ACTUALLY, don't most states require that abandoned vehicles be run through a proper legal procedure such as notifying the registered owner by certified mail through his last known address, and then posting the NOTICE of SALE in a legal newspaper ad which will list the date and time of the sale which ANYBODY can attend and bid on the car? A person can't just "claim" a vehicle that is left on their property. (Of course in the real world, it happens all the time and plenty of cars fall through the cracks and into the pockets of the property owner. But it is not really legal.)

25. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Now a friend of mine is the Engineer of a high rise apartment downtown Houston, and he DOES find all kinds of abandoned furniture, etc.....

We took a 18' boat trailer out of there the other day!

So I guess it COULD happen.......

This guy gave us a 24' sailboat full of rainwater once, well we pumped it out and set sail for the Galveston Bay right thru downtown Kemah....but the Tx P&W noticed the moldy hull and the TX numbers were 9 years out of date.......

After that ticket we made it to the Bay in time for this BIG STORM, see and we ended up in this seaside bar where they had swings instead of bar stools....problem was, we rode an abnormal high tide into the marina and the hull was stranded!

I think he sold it for enough to pay the ticket and we called it a day....

His wife later burned his house down...

Anytime I feel sad, I just compare my luck to his!

I still say we could have made it thru the storm, HIS nerves failed, not mine!