Attraction to 308's: Looks or price? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Attraction to 308's: Looks or price?

Discussion in '308/328' started by PeterS, Jan 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Even a Euro with about 300 lbs less than stock, while seems nice, is a bit slow IMHO as well. If we could find a way to add about 50 more HP/TQ it would be quite a performer given all the other 'necessary' mods (suspension, brakes, etc).

As for cost per performance after the mods to the 308, it would be better to just get a new Vette or something along those lines. Added plus, the Vette has a warranty and you do not need to deal with the high Fcar parts costs.

Still, a Vette will never be a Ferrari... and the Lotus is ok and all, but lacks TQ... Then there is the...

2. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    It's just a great package and the price makes it even more so. The looks, the seating position, the sounds, the performance. Plus it's a tough little car. You can drive the snot out of it!

3. arocco

arocco Rookie

Dec 31, 2005
    For me, the lines of the 308 are just plain stupendous. I looked at the TR with its 12 cylinders, but had to go right back to the 308 in the end.

Saluti a tutti!

4. Franco

Franco Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    Yonkers, NY
    Full Name:
    Frank Campana
    I want one too.
    What is the entire driving sensation like? How would you describe the sounds, feel, steering, accelleration etc..

5. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    There is no way to replace the G-force sensation, the smell, the actual full surround sound... But here is a teaser:

www.ispexperts.com/nhis090105a.wmv

6. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Here...Here... I agree. I love my 85 QV GTS.

Rob

7. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY
    Great clip!!

8. spiderseeker

spiderseeker Formula 3

Jul 22, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Franco:said "I want one too.
    What is the entire driving sensation like? How would you describe the sounds, feel, steering, accelleration etc.."
    - My best description is it's like driving a go cart ! No power assist and dead flat in the corners- plenty of power for hard cornering too- at least with the QV's. When you're in it , you KNOW that you're in a Ferrari.
    Steve

9. robin's308

robin's308 Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    John
    hello guys, new to the forum. I bought the 308 because of the look and the driver feel of the car. Plus i'm in hawaii;)

John

10. RJay

RJay Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Ahhhh, yes the 308. One now owns me and I am in heaven. I was asked why I would buy one and all I need to do is point them to this thread because you can feel the passion. I too believe the design is timeless. I was raised in Hawaii but watched Magnum from college on the mainland so it was a home connection for me. I loved that show! It is a bit hokey if you watch it today but everytime I see the car, it sets the record straight. I bought one because it is, by far, the most beautiful sports car I have ever seen.

-RJay

11. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I bought it because it is a great "package" car. Looks good, handles well, but more importantly, it is a fun car to drive.

It's an added bonus that it wasn't all that much money. I still can't understand why these are this cheap with million plus dollar muscle cars out there...

12. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Bullcrap! You bought it because the guy wanted something like $16 for it!
    :)

13. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    $18.9k.

You're right. I'm a cheap bastard and wanted to lay claim to spending the least on a running a driving 308 GTS QV in red/tan...

14. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    with MY seatbelt warning light in it

15. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I'll take $23.5k for the light. I'll throw in the rest of the car for free...

16. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    Absolutely! The first Ferrari I ever saw up close was a 308 GTB, and I've been in love with them ever since.