Audio component wiring? | FerrariChat

Audio component wiring?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by tantumaude, Jul 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    1995 456GT

Trying to figure out why I get almost no sound out of my front speakers...
    Amp is good.

Does anyone have a picture of how the wiring is set up in the trunk side compartment? I have an aux-in which makes it all look like a bundle of snakes, I'd like to know how it's supposed to be before I spend more money trying to chase down this fault. Everything works as it should except for the front sound, but there are a couple of empty connectors on the radio unit.

2. Prit Singh

Prit Singh Karting

May 29, 2017
    London
    Good Morning

I have similar issue and from research on this forum It seems that your internal radio amp is blown. Most radio repair shops will be able to fit new capacitors and components for you.

3. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    Good to know. I had the external amp and radio unit both inspected thinking exactly that, but both checked out and work fine on the bench. I seem to have sorted most of the wiring, except for the radio 'line out' front and rear plugs. No matter which one I connect to the external amp, the result is the same (barely any sound from the front).