August 7, 2004 - Motorsports Race Day Show | FerrariChat

August 7, 2004 - Motorsports Race Day Show

Discussion in 'Texas' started by BobbyArcherMotorsports, Jul 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BobbyArcherMotorsports

Jul 31, 2004
    Event Date: SATURDAY, AUGUST 7TH, 2004
    WHERE: BOBBY ARCHER MOTORSPORTS
    1033 N. Henderson Street FORT WORTH, TEXAS
    WHEN: 10:OOAM TO 6:OOPM

For the fifth straight year Bobby Archer’s Motorsport Parts & Equipment will be holding their in-house open house on August 7, 2004. Big plans are being made to celebrate different styles of racing. The festival atmosphere is a showcase of cars and products to please almost everyone’s taste. Our friends from karting to IRL to classics to street rods will be bringing their cars to share experiences and knowledge with the public.

Admission is FREE

To make things lively, there will be a car show with trophies presented at the end of the day. Car show participants may register between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Registration to enter the car show competition is - $10.00.

We have two bands scheduled to play during the day – Blues Fighters and soon to appear on the Edgefest cs, Egress - along with barbeque and tacos for sale in the parking lot. There will be free drawings going on all day with lots of valuable prizes given from our manufacturers and friends. We even have a “guess the number of…” contest from Gachman Iron & Metal. We also want to thank Summit Springs Water for donating the water.

Along with getting a look inside these great cars, we are pleased to have several exotic dealers bringing their cars for viewing.

That’s what’s going on outside – inside you can meet some of the representatives of our manufacturers and learn what’s new and why. There will be seminars to teach some of the basics – like the importance of tire temperatures and pressures and how to use this knowledge to increase your skills.

The local race clubs and tracks and driving schools will be here to answer any questions and there will be a chance to enter the raffle for Children’s Charities (a new car)!!

After spending the better part of the day seeing all this, the day will reach its peak with the 2004 Miss Motorsports bikini contest presented by Elite Looks Talent from Houston. Over 50 girls have registered and are entered at this time, so things should be exciting. They will be here all day doing a photo shoot with the best looking cars. If you are interested in allowing your car to be photographed with the girls, please plan to be at the store by 10:00 a.m.

Sponsorship for this event includes the honor of being a judge, so give us a call if you are interested. We want to thank Valley Ranch Vacations, Gachman Iron & Metal and Thundersports for jumping onboard so quickly.

We have never before thought it necessary to plan a rain date for an event during August in Texas, but from past experience we are hedging our bets and making Sunday, August 8 our rain date.

Please contact me as soon as possible if you would like to include your Ferrari in the Miss Motorsports bikini photo shoot. Your car could even end up in their calendar for 2005! So please contact me right away to reserve your spot.

Thanks,

Tony Arbelaez
    1033 N. Henderson
    Fort Worth, TX 76107
    [email protected]
    (682) 465-9624

2. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    parantly i'm judging Bikini's

3. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    You guys need to get onboard with this event. I went two years ago and it was really good getting to see some of the real racing machines. Tony is a great guy and a real car nut.

Ask him about the MRS special events with Bobby Archer giving personal instruction.

Private note: Tony, good to hear from you. I will try to come by if my schedule permits. I know my son would enjoy coming back out. I hope to see you then...................

James Dunne

4. lonnierad

lonnierad Guest

Jul 20, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Lonnie Radford
    Writerguy,

I feel your pain having to be a judge. Let me know if you need me to step in and take your place.

Lonnie