Austin area | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Austin area

Discussion in 'Texas' started by gh0st0, Jul 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I am more of a South Congress guy, but due to an old friend having property there.

He says he sold another three lots, on Congress, got $1.5M....that kind of 'hood......

2. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Sorry but Round Rock, Georgetown and Leander are not Austin. If you are looking for housing in Austin - then you will be surprised at how expensive things are now.

timjen88, Texas Forever and Schatten like this.
  3. warrenz

warrenz Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Sweet S Ranch
    Full Name:
    Regis Bragg Stevenson
    #28 warrenz, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Buy a Ranch in Bastrop Texas,get 100acres for $600,000 to 1.2mil. Fresh air,great roads and less than 30mins to DownTown,,,Say Hey Big Tex
    I was at a Bastrop County Ranch Party of PorshAA folks this night and a Very Nice Lady gave me her keys to Four Five Eight ,I parked it Front and Center of the party place!!
    Thanks for a great time,,
    ,Laura and Officer Greg!!

Ryan S. and Texas Forever like this.
  4. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Any meets going down oct 6th? Checked motor Austin and looks like air cooled and classics. No euro meetups

5. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    ACL Festival. Avoid downtown and Barton Springs area at all costs.

timjen88 and gh0st0 like this.
  6. ddenboer

ddenboer Karting

Sep 11, 2015
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    David denBoer
    Moved here in August to Cedar Park. Love it, and the vibe is cool. 15 minutes max to work, and Costco/Whole Foods 5 minutes away. Great drives 5-10 minutes away. Still need to move my Mondial out here though as it was in extended (waiting for parts) service when we moved.

7. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Welcome to town! Glad to hear that you're enjoying it so far. It's not the Bay Area, but there are some nice driving options NW and East of Cedar Park. Let me know when your Mondial arrives!

2cam

8. ddenboer

ddenboer Karting

Sep 11, 2015
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    David denBoer
    Thanks!
    Car is here now and is mostly in working order. I might need to find a good mechanic soon for it and my Alfa Romeo Spider -- both seem to be a little sluggish since moving.

9. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Welcome to the area. There is a pretty active bunch of Alfa people here too. I know a number of them get together at Mozarts Coffee Roasters right by the river just north of Redbud trail one weekend a month.

I was born and raised in the Bay Area and know your old neighborhood. The Hill Country's geography will remind you of it. Part of the reason we moved to a place on the edge of it. If you hurry and sign up for the FCA Hanging at The Hangar event you will spend the days on some beautiful Hill Country back roads with a bunch of other Ferrari's.

10. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Nice! We should get together for a cup of coffee or a drink and talk Mondials.

We're fortunate to have several good technicians in the area. Although I haven't been able to get my car into his shop for a bit of maintenance yet, I've chosen to work with Brian due to his degree of knowledge of the older cars and his approach. He's over in Lakeway which should be an easy shot across 620 for you (well, as easy as 620 can be...).

2cam