Austin USGP Ferrari "Purpose Built" | FerrariChat

Austin USGP Ferrari "Purpose Built"

Discussion in 'F1' started by PBRacer, Sep 26, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PBRacer

PBRacer Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I just received an invitation from Ferrari Hospitality for the USGP.

In it they talk about:
    " A commanding view of the circuit from a new, purpose-built Turn 13 Ferrari Hospitality Suite"

Anybody seen this? Is it just another temporary hut, or did they actually build somehting near turn 13?

2. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Funny I was just reading that as well......

3. hairy_scotsman

hairy_scotsman Formula 3

Apr 3, 2013
    Austin, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Tim
    No they haven't built anything. I'm sure this will be another temp hospitality suite just like they had there last year with a "commanding view" of...well...of just the T12 exit to T15 (almost).

4. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    there is no way $4K is worth the hospitality being provided... pit walk daily and Paddock club access is nice but not $4k nice... For $4k you can take 4 people to Thomas Keller 3 star Michelin guide restaurant.... for lunch and dinner... there is NO way Ferrar are providing anything remotely that good... our business competitor does the food there... and it aint worth it.

if they let you cruise the Paddock all day - then it would be a bargain!

5. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    That's the second thing I noticed! $4k - yikes; paddock club is $5500

6. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Both are not worth it.

Paddock club is a rip off as well -again you get two pit walks each day... when there are no drivers / mechanics or cars out and about... as for the food etc... extreemly average if you ask me.... the passes are nice... that is about it.

I knew - Anne Richards from Allsport & Paddy McNally who came up with the Paddock club thing... it used to be very clubby...now its just a way to make more money from those with more $$$$ and no connections in F-1...but make you feel like you are there...

the gold ticket is Sponsor credential as team guest with Grid and paddock access. Pit lane is totally off limits but garage is where you want to be.