News

Auto lift advise

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by syata, Nov 30, 2019.

1. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    I am thinking of putting a lift in my garage. Space will be tight since I have a center beam in the garage. Mainly to stack two cars and to do minor maintenance.
    On this forum I read about AC lift mostly on their single post lift. I don’t want to drill into the garage floor and am leaning towards their four post ACV-7.
    Any advise on the single vs four post lifts and AC lift vs other companies?
    BTW, if someone wants to put in a AC lift, they are running their Black Friday specials until the end of next week.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Rdwaggie

Rdwaggie Rookie

Nov 6, 2018
    I have the AC 6.5 single post lift and love it (my neighbor has the same one as well). Not sure what your exact garage set up is but the four post lifts made too much space unusable for me by obstructing critical areas. With the single post it hardly imposes at all other than blocking some light from overhead (which any lift will do).

I looked at a lot of brands but the AC was the best built. The installation is certainly more involved than a simple 4 post but I would do it again every single time.

3. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

A couple of questions: Can you service a vehicle on a single post lift? Any recommendation for 6500lb vs 4500lb capacity?

4. Graz

Graz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Agree 100% on the American Custom single post Lift. I originally had a 4 post lift and found it to be too obtrusive and not as stable quite frankly. I had it removed and replaced it with the single post lift from AC. Call them to ask about options. They're very accommodating. You won't be sorry.

5. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    another American custom lift fan!! just had mine installed a few weeks ago.. has to drill into slab, had it x-rayed first (post tension slab).. NO ISSUES at all!! like OP space at a premium that is why i went with single post... BUT!! not cheap!! Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Rdwaggie

Rdwaggie Rookie

Nov 6, 2018
    I mainly have the 6500 lb for the height (I have 12 ft ceilings) but I also like being able to put my wife’s suv on the lift if I need to work on it. AC can custom make different specs for you but I think over a certain height they use the beefier version as the starting point. If you have the space go with the 6.5.

You can get to the underside no problem - there are two metal support bars that the tracks attach to but they don’t really get in the way unless you were trying to drop a transmission out etc. I also have QuickJacks if I need to take the wheels off. Attached are pics I snapped this morning (early so sorry for poor lighting).

I also had my post tension slab x-rayed. No issues but we did have to adjust the position forward by a few inches to avoid a cable.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login