News

Autocar drives 430---------------------------

Discussion in '360/430' started by tonyh, Oct 5, 2004.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    It'll take me too long to type the whole report out so here are a few snippets;
    "...the 430 is so quick it has become one of those rare cars in which you need to pick your moment carefully before opening the throttle fully; a car that eats up straights so rapidly you have to be extremely mature about where and when you deploy full acceleration........
    A little later, up in the hills above Maranello, the 430 gradually begins to reveal more of it's dynamic repertoire- and it's a mind boggling experience all in all.Its steering is so light yet so incisive i found it impossible not to get carried away throught the corner where we took the photos.Its suspension was beautifully-and i do mean beautifully- composed over every surface it was asked to deal with.And the brakes;well, the brakes are just incredible.
    This car is fantastic. Not, perhaps as good on the track as it is on the road,as i discovered an hour later. But remember, despite the way it goes and looks, this is not a racing car. It's a road car. Very probably the best road car Ferrari has ever built........"

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  4. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
  5. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    he's a small quote I picked from the 4 car article: carbon ceramic composite brakes - as used on the Enzo and the 360 Challenge Stradale - are an expensive option at around £9500.

6. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Now that's IMPRESSIVE!

7. To remove this ad click here.