Autofficina. | FerrariChat

Autofficina.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jackie and bill, Nov 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Is Autofficina still running? I have heard that they are folding up, can anyone shed any light on this?

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    They did a friend's MOT a couple of weeks ago and seemed very busy - why don't you call them and ask ?

I'm also not sure that a thread such as this is very helpful: either you trust and believe whoever told you or you do not - too much 'news' these days is planted and/or based on supposition (at best)

3. Jackie and bill

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
  4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    That does look like a bit more than just a rumour.

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    On the contrary: without knowing the result of the hearing it reads like a tactic

6. yellowtr

yellowtr Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Peter
    They are very much up and running. Perhaps if you read up on the full facts before posting- i.e Companies House.

7. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    Doesn't look very good there either does it! Voluntary liquidation.

8. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I spoke to Autofficina yesterday to clarify the situation. They told me that the issue with the winding up petition linked to above was resolved and related to a car they sold on behalf of the now bankrupt chap mentioned in the petition (you may read what you will into him having an alias given on the petition). They say the car was sold on his behalf some five years ago and the monies paid in full to the account he specified. The issue apparently arose recently in relation to his bankruptcy and that he had specified the sale proceeds go to an account that they shouldn't have gone to (that's the short version). The company referred to is not one used (hence why it was previously wound up). Their actual company is Racing Technologies Ltd trading as Autofficina. I was given the historical explanation for the different companies (also Autofficina Sales Ltd) but I can't be bothered to type it out here.

Jonathan

9. yellowtr

yellowtr Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks for posting this Jonathan, you have saved me from posting it.

10. Jackie and bill

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Thank you jtremlett for that constructive responce :)
    I doubt very much that Autofficina would have given me a detailed and comprehensive answer had i rang them out of the blue ( as suggested).
    This is what forums are about, chatting. :)
    Good to get to the bottom of what i was told and have been reading on line.

11. RegW

RegW Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    London
    I'm a customer - their collective passion and long term commitment to the brand is pervasive once you step a foot on the compound.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using FerrariChat.com mobile app