Automobili Italiane on July 11 | FerrariChat

Automobili Italiane on July 11

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Jun 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I received the email message below from Sheila Price and figured I'll pass it on to you guys.

This event used to be the "Belle Macchine d'Italia" and was a superb event last year. Highly recommend it.

Attached a couple of pics from last year's event (different location).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ATTENTION - STILL TIME TO ENTER!!

The Ferrari Club of America-Central States Region will be hosting Automobili Italiane 2004 at the Doral Eaglewood Resort & Spa in Itasca, IL on July 11, 2004.

All makes, models and marques of Italian designed and/or manufactured cars, motorcycles and scooters are welcome to participate. This car show is open to the public between 10 am and 3:30 pm with an awards ceremony scheduled for 3pm.

For exhibitors the entry fee is $25 per car which includes attendance for two.
    For non-exhibitors general admission is $10 per person, with children under 12 free.

For further information contact Mike Epifanio at [email protected] or (847) 823 2149.

========================================================

RULES OF THE ROAD

Special judging rules in effect for this event (see Dave Hoffman’s write up)

Doral Eaglewood Resort & Spa is located where the Nordic Hills C.C. was located. The address is 1401 Nordic Road, Itasca, IL (630) 773-1400

Cars may be placed on field as early as on Saturday, July 10th from 4:00 to 6:00PM (overnight security will be provided) or on Sunday, July 11th from 7:00 to 9:30AM

There will be a welcoming party on the concours field and in the FCA hospitality suite for all exhibitors from 6:30 to 9:30PM, Saturday evening – Entry for two included in registration

The show will be open to the public from 10:00AM Sunday until 3:30PM after the awards ceremony

For those who wish to spend the weekend at the Doral Eaglewood Resort & Spa, we have a special room rate of $119.00 per night. To make a reservation call (630) 773-1400

2. Farmers Agent

Farmers Agent Karting

May 24, 2004
    where can i read the David Hoffman write up on the judging? as written in the last mess.

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I believe that is a reference to the last issue of La Gazetta.

4. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I will be coming back into town at about 10am on Sunday. If I bring the 308... can I park with the rest of the "family" or do I have to be banished to the lot??

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well I can't speak for the organizers, but just tell you how it was last year: Some cars were way late, but still allowed in to park with the rest as they did have some space left. Not sure whether they were allowed to the concours, probably not.

6. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    thats fine....
    I just dont want her to be crushed between a Suburban and an Expedition in the general lot!

7. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    The cars that were allowed in late last year, were charged an additional fee for late registration.

This year, I don't know if I'll make it or not. I have a consultation with the surgeon on Wed., and I don't know when he'll want to schedule me for surgery.

If I can make it to the event, I hope I won't be penalized for late registration.

8. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Wish i could make it, but i will be up in Northern Michigan all that weekend.... :(

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Count me out as well. British GP

10. I'll be there, weather pending.