Automotive Painter | FerrariChat

Automotive Painter

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Hejman, Jan 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hejman

Hejman Rookie

Mar 13, 2014
    I own a few “impractical” cars and am in the midst of restoring a 1971 DeTomaso Pantera. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding a GOOD painter in the Jacksonville/North Florida area?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    When you find someone, let me know. Most shops in this area don't want to touch old cars preferring to do insurance work as profit margins are higher. Fwiw, I have a '72 Alfa Montreal that's going to need paint within a year or so. I've been strongly considering doing the work myself.

There was a guy (in St. Aug?), Otto Brueckner, that was trying to develop his own business doing custom work. I'm not sure whether he ever did. If I recall, he had been a paint/body guy in the Jax area and had been doing custom paint work in his garage on the side, but was looking to grow his backyard business. Maybe others know the story better and can provide some color as I last spoke with him maybe 5 years ago. Pm me if you want his cell number.

I've always had a thing for the chrome bumper Panteras. Sounds like a good project.

3. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert