Autoweek on the 308, Magnum PI, etc | FerrariChat

Autoweek on the 308, Magnum PI, etc

Discussion in '308/328' started by BusDriver, Jun 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

The typographical, editorial, and historical inaccuracy of that article is shocking.

2. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Not a good article. Lacking everywhere possible. I like the pic with the 328 wheels too. Where do they come up with this. They read on net site or someone's opinion and they have an article. I found 2 Magnum PI 308s (carb and 2V inj. versions) and neither of them were modified as far as the seat track or stuffing taken out. Also he makes it like the engine hasn't been used since. Come on look at the 348 engine. It is completely an evolution of the 308 engine.
    The main thing I don't like is the article isn't very useful for anything except letting people know what 308s cost to buy but not to maintain so we can get a bunch of people who go out and by one, trash it and put it up forsale needing just about everything. I can't stand that. I tired of seeing trashed 308s. Anyway, thought I would share.

3. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
    I agree..
    It is important for people to know that almost anyone can purchase a 308. But not everyone will be able to maintain one..

When your wife is looking forward to remodeling the kitchen and your car needs a tune-up, who do you think is really going to win???

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    well, my gf about fell out on the comment on the Italiano Concourso article, IIRC, where they make reference to "this isn't some show and shine of ratty 308s from some drug seizure auction"....!lol

IIRC they seize lambos and f40s too!

5. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    and don't "Bogart" that thing...............................

6. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    LOL, Jeff Dorman! (He's the owner of the car mentioned in the article.) I just sold my old exhaust muffller and catalytic converters to him (eBay). The Ferrari world is a small one!

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    that it is......... :)