Available F40 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Available F40

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Athrill, Feb 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

OH GOD! i think this poor guy's F40's sales ad just got way out of hand. Damn, I feel sorry for him because im in the sales business and all we want when selling a car such as this is avaid tire kickers, time-wasters etc.

There are lots of people that will contact the seller just to waste time and find out price etc. But they are not..............you guessed it.........."cabable".

Vasco.R

2. dankone

dankone Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    West Nyack
    You people are morons. Especially you, BWS88TR.
    If you can't figure out what the seller means, than it obviously wasn't directed toward you.
    They say ignorance is bliss......
    BWS88TR must be in heaven.

I'm sorry to see this ad on here, because it means my time of driving this fine automobile is coming to an end.

3. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    .........................YAWN.................................

4. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    So let me guess here........ "cabable" is someone that is able to get into a cab??? Right??
    I would agree fully here. If you are not cabable, you will never fit in an F40....... and since we are all big fans of Fcars being driven, you must be cabable to buy this car.

:)

5. groovzilla

groovzilla Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    seattle, wa.
    Full Name:
    william
    why let someone's arrogant ranting about their car keep you from checking it out...seems childish to me...

why all the bulls_it about this guys ad??

obviously the seller doesn't want scmucks bothering him...can you blame him??

if i let seller ad verbage get in my way i would have missed out on lots of solid sports cars over the years..

my opinion from seattle...born and raised in new york

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    OH, GREAT!!!

ANOTHER FIRST TIME POSTER WITH A BLANK PROFILE APEARS OUT OF THE WOODWORK, LAMENTING ABOUT HIS "SOON TO BE GONE" F40!

GEEZ, SOMEBODY HAND ME THE TROLL-BE-GONE!

IF THE IMPORTANT DUDE AIN'T GOT TIME TO SELL A CAR, BROKER IT!

EXCUSE ME, I HAVE TO MOVE THE LEAR, TO GET TO MY ENZO SO I CAN STRAP THE SURFBOARDS DOWN AND HEAD OUT.

ALL YOU GUYS HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND.

SPEEDY 'THE OTHER ONE" 308

SPEEDY308'S EVIL TWIN.

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Wow, who was that hijacking my account?? Man, they had issues!!

"dankone" describes my socks, when I pull 'em off in the evenings.

"dankone", followed by "danktwo".

Ba da boom

8. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I like how you call everyone here morons, yet you completely missed the sarcasm in Bruce's replies ... Do you really think he couldn't figure out what the seller means?

Heh. Who's the moron here...?

9. dankone

dankone Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    West Nyack
    I love the internet.
    It's greatest ability is to slander others anonymously.
    The majority of you on here are just wanna-bee's.
    Troll-be-gone.........???
    Why.......???
    Because I just found this place......???
    You people are just too cool.
    Go take your 308 and grow a mustache and pretend your Magnum PI somewhere else.

10. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Athrill...........good luck selling your F40.

Cheers,

Vasco.R

11. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

Well at least it was fun...
    Maybe you could get him to keep it for a little longer....

Sorry to see it go, I have seen it before, beautiful car.

12. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

dankone quote "I'm sorry to see this ad on here, because it means my time of driving this fine automobile is coming to an end."

10K miles on a 13 y/o car. When exactly did you drive it? Maybe you were not "capable". If you just found this place, perhaps introducing yourself would have been nice. There are f40 owners here.

13. dankone

dankone Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    West Nyack
    The ad in this thread for the F40 was posted by my father.
    He told me he put it up on here, and to check it out.
    There seem to be some schmucks that took offense to the wording of the advertisement, and proceeded to be a smart-ass about it.
    How's that for my introduction......???

and I have driven this F40 probably more times than the seller has.
    I know there are F40 owners on here.
    I am the son of one.

14. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    YOUR A PUTZ........GO AWAY..............

15. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

That was a nice introduction.Not cocky at all.. Just because you drove an F40's doesnt give you the right to call everyone a moron and look down at 308's owners.

16. dankone

dankone Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    West Nyack
    Me having driven an F40 doesn't give the right.
    Their incompetence to understand a simple ad gives me the right.
    Don't get too carried away over yourselves.

17. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Dont be condescending and we wont.

18. groovzilla

groovzilla Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    seattle, wa.
    Full Name:
    william
    ron,

forget going to war with the guys in here...

i didn't find the ad offensive...so what...some people are more sensitive and the problem sometimes with the internet is that it is very one dimentional and sarcasm sometimes doesn't show thru..

good luck selling your dad's car...

wc

19. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Hey, Dank: Welcome to FerrariChat. You sort of walked into this one. Frankly, there is no way you can qualify buyers (principals only; serious inquiries only; no tire kickers, etc.) by making that kind of statement in an ad. And your posting was purely an advertisement, by someone who, as far as we know, is not a participant here.

This happens here occasionally. Not too long ago, somebody claiming to be a broker was offering an Enzo at a bargain price of 1.25 million or so, but didn't really have the car, or title to it.

If your father truly wants to get rid of the car with a minimum of hassle, there are any number of people who would happily write out a check or wire money on the spot for the right car, at the right price.Of course, you or he should know that. But, you probably won't get retail for the car. And you probably know that, too.

So, what did you expect by taking advantage of the Internet and posting, from what i gather for the first time in this Ferrari-related community, to a group of people you clearly don't know?
    An advertisement with an utterly worthless attempt to qualify buyers should be taken seriously? By whom?

20. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Is it any wonder i like this guy...?

21. Athrill

Athrill Rookie

Jan 20, 2004
    Metro New York
    I’ve been reading reactions to the posting for my F40, and to this point have refrained from joining the “debate.” Although I am new to Ferrari Chat I assumed that most members were fellow enthusiasts, not a group who would stoop to generating ridiculous dialogue over a legitimate posting.

Had Bruce (BWS88TR) concentrated more on the first paragraph of the post, rather than the last sentence, he would have realized that this was not a joke. Rather, he felt compelled to dump on a "first time poster" and obtain a definition (“defination” – Bruce learn to spell) of CAPABLE. Bruce, in terms of an F40, “capable” has many meanings (and many who read the posting understood the word) including (1) having the resources to buy it; (2) being able to drive it (and fit into it); (3) having the resources to properly maintain it; as well as enjoying it. I‘m sure CAPABLE also includes many other, positive definitions. Instead of my posting generating the type of feedback I had hoped for, you succeeded in turning it into a joke. Congratulations. You might be a very intelligent person but your comments on this thread are really stupid. I’ve met hundreds of Ferrari owners through my FCA and FOC involvement and none of them can match you for arrogance.

Perhaps being a rookie to this site I was very naïve in terms of what to expect in response to my posting. I’ve learned from this experience. Should I visit in the future, I’ll just read the threads and laugh (at how they are twisted from their original intent) but not respond. It’s amazing how a few can turn off many who might otherwise contribute.

Ciao

22. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Athrill, did you read Whart's post at all...? Any of it...?

Also, just for good measure, let it be known that there are plenty of F40 owners who are not "capable" of owning them...

23. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    AThrill: Now you are asking us to presume that you would be capable of making a contribution to this site, other than to advertise that one of us should buy your car?

24. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    So, c'mon.

Throw a number!!! 315K??? A beater at $210K? I'm dying to know.
    Has it caught fire and burned, like Roland's?????

There's a feature up there^^^^^ FerrariAds.com for people to SELL cars.

Us, the "less than capable" Magnum PI, Commmon308Owners, hang out down here in the "Chat" portion of the site 'cause that's what we like to do. Chat.

Mike Sheehan, Micheal Willhoit, those are guys who will send a flat bed to your door with a cashier's check, and your car is "Sold".

Like a friend, who wholesales 4000 titles/month here in Houston, advised me once, "It's worth what you count in your hand, as you watch the tail lights fade away."

Good luck to you though, no hard feelings. You surely didn't think you'd sell it anonymously? A better start would be to introduce yourself, explain the sale and let all your bud's in FCA and FOC talk it up. There's a lot of F40s out there, but not so many, as to be anonymous.

Whart, and you help over there with that Fence in the Middle East?>>>>>>>