Available Now! New transmission switches to replace rubber buttons | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Available Now! New transmission switches to replace rubber buttons

Discussion in '612/599' started by Dave rocks, Sep 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. benflux

benflux Rookie

Aug 3, 2008
    Did these ever become available?

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Our electronics are due no later than 1/7/2019. We have 1000+ injection molded switch buttons in house that are in the process of being coated and then laser etched. Many of the other parts are done and in house. So, the week of the 7th we will have units for sale. If you need something sooner, we can retrofit using your electronics.

3. Wegentop

Wegentop Rookie

Oct 11, 2015
    Full Name:
    J
    Where can we purchase it?

4. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    As soon as they are ready, we will list them on our online store and post a link here.

2 preproduction units shipped last week to 430 clients - see this post:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/146355433/

We have a waiting list currently of about 30 clients. If you wish, send me an email and we will add you to the notification list and we will email you as soon as these are ready.

dave.lelonek@**********.com

Thank you.

5. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Wegentop likes this.
  6. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Wegentop, ridege55 and INTMD8 like this.
  7. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Guys - we have another batch of electronics coming in today and the balance of the first order is due tomorrow.

Once the electronics arrive, we need to assemble, test and package. We already have other orders to fulfill and ship. Remember, we've had many owners awaiting these and those folks that reached out are getting the first units.

That said, anyone in need, please email me: dave.lelonek@**********.com

We are hoping to have these live at our online store by the end of the week :)

8. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Guys, I've just completed an illustration to help owners determine which switch version they have. Note - If you have the hard button version, we can refinish those. I wanted to post this here but it will also be posted to our online store soon :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. richard.watkins@comcast.n

Jun 4, 2014
    Palm Springs CA
    Full Name:
    Rick Watkins
    This note was posted elsewhere. The answer to your question is now. The new buttons truly are much better than the original.

"Dave has been a great help with getting my 599 buttons new. By that, he had no solution at the time I needed my reverse button repaired. He gave me a quick 3d printed button so I could still use reverse. Later, fortunately, he ran into a small inventory of factory replacement parts. Two to be precise. One was already for a New York customer. I quickly checked to ensure my model 2008 would work with the replacement part. It did, so I bought it and installed the console. Dave asked to borrow the old one to see if he could solve this particular button issue. As you can see from the you tube video he has. Dave kindly gave me back the part completely refurbished! I have to say it looks better than the original. I will be moving to Palm Springs, CA in the next year or so. I know even with air conditioned garages, the same fate awaits the original console. I am very pleased and luck to have a replacement in waiting."

Thank you, Dave!

Dave rocks likes this.
  10. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Rick - thank you for helping us with the project. You are the customer that really started this all off when you approached us with your torn rubber button a couple years back.

We've now sold over a dozen of these this week alone to help customers worldwide solve this long standing issue with a permanent fix. :)

I've been asked a good question that I wish to address:

Q: Will these work in a RHD (right hard drive car)?

A: Yes, they are interchangeable between LHD & RHD

I've edited our description to include this :)

11. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    My Reverse and Auto buttons are ready for refinishing, but I did not see the cost or process to on the website. Ready to send them now if you are ready ....

12. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Hi Rob,

We need to determine if you have rubber buttons or hard buttons. If they are rubber, they need to be replaced with our new switches.

Take a look thru the details here as we illustrate how to tell which you have - you may also call me at anytime and I can assist you.

https://store.**********.com/products/ferrari-f430-599-reverse-auto-button-switch-assembly-and-harness

EDIT - Rob, I just looked up your VIN and see your car is a 2007 - more than likely you have the rubber buttons. Give me a call or send me an email and we can determine for certain. dave.lelonek@**********.com

13. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
  14. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    OK, we can refinish those. Send me an email for pricing and details. dave.lelonek@**********.com

Thanks.

15. Sequoia

Sequoia Rookie

Apr 3, 2012

Hello Dave,

I have just installed your new set of buttons (Auto + R) on my F430 spider. It only took me about 15 minutes to do it. Not only they look great but also they seem to be much more sensitive to the touch , when compared with the old rubber ones.
    The tutorial video was also very helpful in the installation process.
    Thank you very much for this product and for your prompt response to my questions over the phone!

Sequoia

16. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Thank you very much for your business and support. We are glad to hear this worked out well for you and was easy to install :)

17. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    We've had a terrific response to these and have sold over 10 units in the last 3 weeks. We've sold 3 yesterday to dealers and one to day to a gentlemen in Asia.

The response has been fantastic - lot's of happy customers :)

18. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    These are helping a lot of customers worldwide with failing rubber buttons :)

We are selling 4-5 units per week :)