Avants Portland Event | FerrariChat

Avants Portland Event

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by donv, Dec 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Pretty impressive turnout at ProTek Automotive today. Not a lot of Ferraris, though. I had my 928 with me, so what can I say? It was rainy (or threatening to rain, at least) anyway.

ProTek was smaller than I was expecting, given what I have read. Anyone store cars there?

2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I missed the announcement on this. What was going on? A cars and coffee?

3. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Kind of. Avants is sort of an all-marque car club with events and a magazine, etc. They were doing an event at ProTek to, I don't know, I guess build their membership?

My brother is friends with the Avants guy, and says that there is a fairly regular cars & coffee type event in that location, although it is informal.

There isn't a lot of parking (other than what ProTek has inside their facility), so it sort of limits how big it can get.

4. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Don, does this group have any association with Avant Garde Motors in north-east industrial PDX? They seem to specialize in Porsches. I often have business near their shop.

5. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    No, not really. Avant Garde Collection might be a sponsor or advertiser for Avants, but I think any other connection is coincidental.

Here is the Avants website:

https://www.avants.com

Avants should actually probably sign up as a sponsor here.

6. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Thanks, Don. Looks interesting. I am a little disappointed that the "Portland Tech Day and Collection Tour" is not anywhere near Portland. Not a deal breaker, though.

7. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Yes, but I would guess Vintage Underground would be amazing and well worth the trip. I want to get down there myself sometime.

BMWairhead likes this.
  8. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    I didn't know you had a 928. Nice.

9. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Bought it on BringATrailer this summer. It's been a great car-- I drove it to work today, in fact. One nice thing is it's a vintage-y car that I don't worry about driving in the rain.

Still sorting some of the teething issues out, but that's to be expected. Overall, it's been really well maintained, which makes it much easier. A neglected 928 is not something you want to take on.

10. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Good to know. That one is on the list to add to the collection.